021 | Surprise Yourself

The following morning an different vibe was present in the apartment

The following morning an different vibe was present in the apartment. As the warm morning glow entered the room Erika moved around in discomfort. She tossed and turned with the nights memories replaying as a nightmare. The woman suddenly woke up as she became aware of an ache that radiated all over her body. Her back, side, and neck were on fire. She turned but fell back on the pillows due to the unbearable pain. Flashes of the past night events came into her mind again as it wasn't just a bad dream. She put a hand to her head as the uncomfortable memories played. In thr midst of her discomfort she looked at herself and noticed she was dressed in her pajamas and wondered how she got in them. She surveyed the room as Rizzo was fast asleep next to her and things seemed normal. Connor soon entered the room with some ice packs and a first aid.

When she saw him she began to blush at the thought of Connor dressing her for she couldn't have in her unconsous stare. The tint im her cheeks deepened as thought of what he may have seen. Connor looked at her with innocent eyes as he tilted his head to the side.

"Erika you're awake", he said and walked over to her side. Rizzo, on the other hand, stayed fast asleep by his owner's side.

"Believe I did, how did yo-", a sharp pain pierced her body as she fell back down again to relieve the feeling," crap, I feel like a train ran me over"

"You shouldn't move, it will only cause more pain", Connor grabbed the first aid and took out a bandage wrap and some triple antibiotic ointment. Annoyed by the sudden movements Rizzo jumped off the bed and continued to sleep on his bed. Connor then proceeded to clean and redress Erika's wounded left hand. She looked at with care but winced at the pain when he applied the rubbing alcohol.

"Did he leave?", she asked to distract herself from the sharp pain. Although the last night's events was a traumatic experience Erika forgot them when Connor was near--caring for her. She felt safe.

"Conan was harming you when I arrived, he left moments after," he applied the ointment topically and bandages the wound," he did not return while you slept for the night and most of the day"

"You stayed?", she questioned, but relieved at his choice of words.