Chapter 2

The lunch room was bustling with children, it took Y/n a while before he even got his lunch because of the long line. He considered not even eating because of that line, but a growing boy needs his food so he waited it out.

      Taking the lunch tray in his Hands he had to decide where to sit. That was the hardest part for Y/n since most people split up into groups, some people waved over at Y/n telling him he was more than welcome to sit with them. The tables were Circles so everyone had to face eachother. He was much more interested in sitting with Helen, but Helen was no where in sight. "Hmm." Y/n decided to sit with a random group that was in his class since he didn't want to sit alone awkwardly eating his lunch. "I can't believe Helen took Judy's watch." A girl snickered starting off the conversation while Y/n made himself fit in the table. "Right? Such a low thing to do, I never took him as a criminal type." A guy decided to join in on the conversation. Y/n narrowed his eyes not liking this conversation at all, they were making Helen seem like he actually stole that watch like a criminal; "he didn't take the watch." You stated eating some of the bland food the school prepares for the children everyday. The girl that started the conversation rolled her eyes, the girls name was Maggie. "We all Know Helen took it, it was in his bag Y/n." Everyone at the table agreed with Maggie, except Y/n. He slammed his fist on the table making everyone flinch at his unexpected behavior, "How small minded can you guys get?! Someone can easily take a watch and pin the blame on someone else. I won't sit here and listen to you talk bad about my friend." They all watched as Y/n stood up and left them and his tray behind. He didn't exactly know where to go, but he sure as hell wasnt staying in the lunchroom.

         Wandering the halls wasn't exactly his plan, but what was he supposed to do? Sit there and listen to them argue back about Helen. He called Helen his friend, but he didn't really know if Helen felt the same way about him. He felt his stomach grumble, "I'm sorry tum tum, I should've ate more before leaving." He said to himself patting his stomach feeling a bit reluctant to turn around and go to the lunchroom, but his tray was either gone or being eaten by the others at the moment. "I'm an idiot." He mumbled, mentally scolding himself while kicking the ground.

        The seemingly endless wandering slowly came to a stop once laughter could be heard in he Hallway, it wasn't the Ha Ha funny joke kind of laugh, it was a wicked laugh followed along by something he couldn't hear from down the hallway. This sort of thing would make anyone turn tail and run, but y/n wasn't that sort of person, he was gonna find out what was happening like the naturally curious person he was. He kept walking forward fearing what he would see once he turned the corner of the hallway, he stopped walking before even turning the corner instead he decided to listen.

      "Judy's quite mad at you, Helen~" freezing in place once hearing his name, Y/n covered his mouth trying to make sure his quick breathing couldn't be heard. Was that Ban? It probably was because of that mocking tone he always uses. "I didn't-" Helen was cut off by someone hitting his stomach, Y/n could hear the coughing coming from Helen, it was despicable what these guys were doing. He clenched his fist ready to burst from the corner and start- start.... he paused, if he beat them up would that be the best course of action? 'Of course it is, they're hurting your friend.' His mind was telling him it was okay and once the word friend came to mind he decided to not care and let his anger get the best of him. Another hit was produced by Ban and that's when Y/n turned the corner, "what're you guys doing?" He asked knowing full well what they were doing he just wanted to see if there was an ounce of guilt in these bullies, maybe that would hold him back. "Y/n?" Ban seemed surprised from someone suddenly showing up especially the guy who tries to stop them from beating up Tom, that only made a smile come onto his face. "Just telling our good ol' pal Helen here something important." The Guy Who was holding Helen up for Bans punches laughed, Y/n didn't seem ammused at all instead once he looked at Helen that's when things were different. Helen was shaking, his breathing was shaky as well, but he didn't have fear in his eyes, no they had the same off distance look he had while drawing to escape reality until they reached Y/n's eyes they widened. "Really." He looked towards Ban and his two friends behind him shaking in anger, "cause it looks to me like you're being fucking cunts." As the curse words left your mouth Ban seemed to clench his fist as well, but he didn't expect such an intense glare from you. No ones never seen you so, so angry. His friend whispered something in Bans ear looking a bit scared when he took glances at you. "Don't be a pussy Bill!" Ban yelled out obviously not liking what he heard. Y/n took the distraction as a chance to plant his fist onto Bans stomach to return the punches he gave Helen tenfold, or at least attempt to give him an even more painful punch then he gave Helen. Ban fell onto the ground clutching his stomach, whining in pain. He shook his head when he saw how pathetic Ban truly was. The other two guys that were his friends took off while grabbing Ban along with them, they didn't want to fight since they left all that stuff to Ban.

      "You okay?", Y/n asked having his full attention on Helen while holding his hand out to offer him help off the marble floor. "In all honesty, no." He let out a small laugh and  He took Y/n's hand to get off the floor, his other hand held his stomach the pain must've still lingered from the punching.

      "Thank you." The unexpected smile that was given to you was crazy. Y/n never saw him smile before, he looked genuinely happy to see him there. Y/n's breathing quickened for some reason, not like the time he was hiding behind the corner, no, he couldn't understand why it felt like a thousand degrees in the air conditioned hallway.

"Th-that's what friends are for."

                1161 words

        Ooooweeeeee Helen was a punchin bag for those jerks. Good thing Y/n saved them 👌