Chapter 3

Helen kept his hands deep in the pockets of his jacket as he walked home. He still couldn't believe he got beat up because of something he didn't do, it didn't matter to him because it's not like this would continue happening, right? Oh well.

       The incident with Y/n replayed in Helens mind as he took each step towards his house.

     "Th-that's what friends are for?" Helen tilted his head a bit, "Friends?" Y/n considered the two to be friends? He couldn't seem to make his brain operate as he stood still staring at Y/n with confusion written on his face. He's never had a friend before and wasn't sure about considering him as a friend since he was a bit... weird and very sociable.

      Helen hadn't had any friends so he decided to give this a try, plus Y/n did help him from getting punched even more in the gut. "Sure, friends." Y/n's face was so bright red causing Helen to start thinking that Y/n wasn't breathing properly or was getting really sick. This was the start of a strange friendship.

        And that was how the two became friends, he never thought that he'd ever get one because he keeps to himself. Helen always kept his feelings to himself. A smile graced Helens features as he entered his home, this would be fun.

    "Welcome home dear!", his mother greeted her son Helen with a smile like usual, he returned it with a genuine smile of his own. Usually, when Helen's parents ask about how he is at school, he always says he's fine. He even lied about making a lot of friends, living happily every day. He walked past his mother to go to his room, he paused before entering the hallway, "I made a new friend today." Leaving his mother's questions that she probably wanted to ask Helen about his new friend he went to his room, he wanted to go on his computer.

     Letting out a sigh, he sat in the swivel chair in front of his computer. Helen put his hands on his slightly uncomfortable  keyboard to type in his username and password for Facebook. Everything was normal... "a message?" He clicked the top right corner and saw a message from Y/n.

Y/n: yo how's it goin'?

      Woah. Helen took a deep breath before responding.

Helen: good. How about you Y/N?

     Helens eyes were glued on the screen, he kept refreshing the page so he wouldn't miss a single message from his new friend. He felt so tense and nervous that he would make a fool of himself. The anticipation of waiting for a new message put Helen on edge.

Y/n: lol that's good ^^ I'm also doing good

Y/n: hey, do you have a cellphone?

     He re-read the message on the screen before answering. Did Y/n want his number?

Helen: yes, why?

Y/n: could I get your number? I think it would be easier for us to talk and hang out whenever

​​​​​​     This was unusual, the only contacts on his phone were his mom and dad and a few other relatives. He took his phone out of his pocket to check his number before giving it to Y/N.

Helen: it's xxx-890-8374

Y/n: cool I'll text you in a bit, I'll type in 'cool beans' so you know it's me

      'Cool beans' Helen snickered at the message that was sent to his phone. Y/n was pretty quick to text him, he must've been really good at using his phone.

[xxx-313-7950: yo is it cool if we just talk on here instead of Facebook?]

[Mr. Scribbles: sure!]

     Helen turned his computer then got off the swivel chair to jump in his much more comfortable bed, he held his phone up in his hands to text.

[Y/N: guess what I named you on my phone 😂]

[Mr. Scribbles: Helen?]

[Y/n: Pfft no lmao I didn't use your real name I named you Mr. Scribbles, because you draw so much]

     Helen almost dropped his phone on his face, Mr scribbles? This guy. Helen couldn't help, but laugh at the ridiculous nickname.

[Mr. Scribbles: 😂 should I name you something other then Y/n?]

[Y/n: YEEEE you totally should, give me an awesome nickname~]

[Mr. Scribbles: maybe I should name you 'cool beans']

[Y/n: ah yes]

[Cool beans: I'm the coolest of beans 😂]

    The two talked for what seemed to be hours, they talked about what they liked to do after school including the other things they liked, they also talked about stupid current events happening in the world. It was a lot of fun, but like all good things it came to an end.

     "Come on bud lights out, you gotta go to school tomorrow.", Helens father turned off his sons room light. He's never had to tell Helen to go to sleep because he'd always be in bed asleep for school, but he could hear laughter coming from his sons room and he couldn't ignore it. "Okay, good night dad." Helen put his phone down and turned on his bed so that his back was facing his door. When he could hear the door 'click' shut he turned his phone back on to tell Y/n good night.

[Mr. Scribbles: my dad just came in and told me to go to sleep 😫]

[Cool beans: Are you going to sleep then?]

[Mr. Scribbles: yah don't want to get in trouble, plus it's a school night.]

[Cool beans: what a good child you are 🙏 well guess I'll go to sleep too]

[Cool beans: Gn 😝😴😴]

[Mr. Scribbles: Good night 💤]

         Helen shut his phone off to put on the charger, once he finished putting on the charger he got a bit comfortable so he could close his eyes. He felt like he would dream good tonight, not that he'd remember anyways. 

      Y/n put his phone next to him and stared at the ceiling. That was the longest and most enjoyable conversation he's ever had in a long time, hopefully this would continue so the two could become BEST FRIENDS (or more *cough cough*). He smiled, he was excited to go to school tomorrow and talk to Helen about random things they found awesome, maybe even make some inside jokes. Y/n finally fell asleep with all the fun things he planned in his brain for the future days to come.

                1039 words

    This was kinda short :/

      I enjoyed making this chapter since texting makes things cute, well to me they do 😂

     Who knows maybe I used this as an excuse to use emojis

ps I know Facebook is old