the drive - v

Eden wakes the next morning with an ache in her hips and sand still in her shorts. Her ears perk up at the sound of Harry snoring lightly a few feet away from her. A grin slowly stretches onto her face as she remembers the events of the night before, reveling in the sensation of Harry's hands still burning their way up her body. Crossing Item Nine off her list is going to be such a satisfying feeling.

Her teeth sink down on her lower lip as she bites back a devilish smile.

Well, almost as satisfying as when Harry made me-

"Mornin'," Harry rasps, his voice interrupting her sultry thoughts. He rolls over and gazes at her through squinted eyes. "I need coffee."

"Unless you can tap a tree for coffee, you're shit outta luck," Eden simpers, sitting up and running her hands through her bedhead. "I don't think there's any left."

A few more obfuscated words tumble from his lips as he covers his face with his blanket; mere moments pass before his breathing returns to a slow state, indicating his relapse into sleep. Eden dresses languidly beside him, pulling on her last clean shirt and pair of underwear. She sniffs her shorts before tugging them on, making a mental note to find a nearby laundromat.

Outside the tent, the morning sun is shrouded with wispy clouds and the earth beneath her bare feet is still cool from the night before. Safiya and Will are laughing over a small fire, while Cal and Natalia seem to be handling breakfast. Taylor and Holly are nowhere to be seen, but Eden isn't surprised; she's barely interacted with them while on this trip.

"Hey guys," Eden smiles as she walks up. Will waves cordially and Safiya looks up from stoking the fire.

"Good morning, Eden," she grins, maybe a bit too eagerly. "How did you sleep?"

Behind her, Eden hears Cal stifle a snort and Natalia break into hushed giggles. A sinking feeling starts in her stomach; Eden can only think of one thing worth hiding laughter. Her cheeks immediately flare red-hot and she sputters for a response.

"I, uh, g-great," Eden stammers, overwhelmed with the need to avoid any and all eye contact. Will clears his throat awkwardly and Safiya nods her head.

"Good," she says cheerfully. "Would you care for some breakfast?"

"Yeah, um, just let me see if Harry is awake," Eden says, trying not to cringe. She stumbles backward towards the tent, resisting the urge to hide her face in her hands.

"Harry," she hisses once inside the tent. She shakes him roughly until he begins to stir.

"What?" he grumbles crossly.

"Get up," she snaps, whipping the blanket off his face and waiting until his sleepy eyes open. "We've been made."

"What are you talking about?" he groans, rubbing his face with his hands.

"Last night, dingbat," she whispers frantically. He peeks at her through his fingers, mouth slightly agape, and she nods. "Guess we aren't as sneaky as we thought."

"No way," he laughs into his hands. "That's hilarious."

"God," Eden groans, rolling her eyes. "I'm so embarrassed. We need to leave immediately."

"What, why?" Harry exclaims, suddenly sitting up.

"You don't understand," she says hurriedly, beginning to stuff her clothes into her bag. "Last night was supposed to be between you and I, alone. It was special, it was for my list, and they heard . . . they saw us."

He doesn't say anything for a moment, but soon Eden feels his warm hand land on her arm. She halts her packing but doesn't turn to face him.

"Eden," he says gently, firmly. "Tell me why you're upset."