The Difference Between Reality and Fiction

"Sierra?"

"Carl." I stared at the boy who wouldn't leave me alone since he first met me.

"Do you want to come with me?"

I stared at him, holding the can of soup in my hands for some sick guy. "Where?"

"Out."

I continued staring at him, confused as to why he would want to go out of the safety of the walls...again. "Last time you almost got killed."

"And this time will be better."

Carl was crazy. He did nothing but ask stupid questions and walk around aimlessly.

But I did miss the woods.

"Fine. Let me take this soup to your dad. Some guy is sick so..."

Carl nodded and I walked away.

"Cut. Good job guys." Robert called.

I smiled and walked over to Chandler. "Your character so obviously has a thing for mine." I laughed.

He shrugged and nodded. "You're the first girl in forever." He laughed. "No wonder Carl is so infatuated."

I smiled and nodded. "Nice big word." I spoke.

He nodded and we went our separate ways. I walked toward the dressing room and he walked toward Andrew. Our next scene was split up. I was doing a scene with Jeffery and it was showing the past between Sierra and Neegan.

Since it was a flashback, I had to look different.

It was really telling of the knowledge Sierra had of the past and that she still had plenty of humanity left in her.

I was glad I was playing someone who still believed in good.

"Okay Sara, are you ready?" Robert asked once I was finished.

I nodded and looked down at my feet. "I'm ready."

"Okay, and action!"

I looked over at Neegan and his group as they were getting ready to go. "Where are you going?" I asked him, walking over.

"We have a few things to take care of." Neegan told me.

He had become protective of me in a way because I was a fighter and because I was a kid. Both of which were a rare commodity anymore.

"Are you going to go kill more people?" I asked, very annoyed and mad.

"It's all a part of survival, Sierra." He told me as he put some more guns in a truck.

I shook my head and looked down. "Neegan, we really shouldn't kill people. It's not right."

Neegan knelt down beside me and gave me a signature grin. "Haven't You ever heard of Survival of the Fittest?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "I'm young, not dumb." I told him. "It just seems....inhumane."

He stared at me for a bit before putting hid hands on my shoulders. "Do you want to come with us?" He asked.

I stared at him and thought for a moment. "Only if I get to tell you no about killing people." I said.

He nodded and we walked toward the car.

"Cut! Good job. Let's go ahead and get ready for the next flashback scene." Robert shouted.

The crew members scattered and I looked up at Jeffery. Something was off. Usually after a scene, I am so happy and giddy. Something was different.