Chapter 35

Thanks for the reads guys😛 love y'all 💁

-Brooke's POV-

I wonder where we can possibly be going way out here. I've seen nothing but woods so far. But, I feel like I've seen it all. Like, he's taken me here before, or somebody.

Well, whatever it is, it must be greet!

-Baylor's POV-

We were really close. We only had like one huge curve to go. I'm all shaky and everything right now. I was thinking about what I'll do to distract her to get down on my knee. I was thinking what I'll say before I ask. I was thinking what will her reaction be, and will she even say yes?

*

*

When we got there it was gorgeous. The water is pretty in this lake, because they actually clean it. Yes, it is a public lake, but I know a spot where there's no houses.

I already had everything set up, I had a picnic blanket, candles, pillows, and wine set out for us.

"Oh my goodness!" Brooke said as we drove next to the lake.

"What?" I asked. I started to get worried.

"I remember this place! oh how I loved coming out here with you guys. It's so gorgeous. But, why exactly are we coming out here?" She asked.

"It's a surprise!" I said laughing.

"Baylooorr." She said groaning.

"Brooooke." I said looking for the spot, than I saw it

"Close you eyes.' I said.

"What?"

"Close your eyes.' I said again.

I got out, shut my door, and ran to her side. I opened the door and she looked down at the ground so she can get out.

"Shut em'." I said.

"I am I am." I said putting her hands over her eyes.

After we walked a little bit longer, we finally were a few feet away from the blanket.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yes." She said.

"Steady."

"Bay!" She said.

"Open!" I said and looked at her.

She opened them and she smiled really big and put her hands over her mouth.

"Baylor, you didn't have to do this." She says.

"Yes I did.' I said taking her hand and walking to the blanket.

There was a peer right to our lefts about 6 feet.

"This is beautiful." She says as we both sit down.

"What? Like you? Yeah." I said looking at her.

She laughed and gave me a whatever look.

I opened the wine bottles, and poured a glass for both of us.

I held it up and said "To the most beautiful girl in the world."

Brooke laughed and said "And, to the sweetest guy in the world."

And we drank.

After we talked and everything I asked if she wanted to go down to the peer.

"Oh my gosh!" She said pointing.

"What?' I asked.

"You can see fish under the water if you look closely!"

"Oh yeah, haha." I said.

My heart was pounding so hard. I was shaking. I think I broke a sweat just thinking about all this. I finally got my gut and went with it.

You know if you look close to the peer, you can see the little perch and catfish swimming.

"Really? She said looking down at the water.

I got the ring out really fast, and got down on one knee.

"Baylor I can see any-"

Her eyes widened and she put both hands over her mouth.

"Brooke I love you so much. You're absolutely perfect. I wouldn't ask for anyone else. I couldn't be happier in my life with you... Will you marry me?"

I was so shaky, I could barely hold the ring.

She started crying, she couldn't even talk. She started skating her head up and down.

"Yes?" I asked to reassure.

She just shook her head again in the same way.

I put the ring ring on her finger, and stood up.

I wrapped her up in my arms, as she cried. I couldn't be more happy right now to see someone cry. But, I knew these tears were a good thing.