Chapter 27

Shawn

I watched Nicole as she ate her food and she didn't look as comfortable as she usually is around me. Maybe the paparazzi freaked her out. I felt so bad, I wanted this day to be about us.

"You sure you okay Nicole?" I said as I picked at my food.

"Shawn I said I'm fine, just leave it." She said and slightly smiled. I shook my head and we continued to eat until we both finished and were sitting in silence. We avoided eye contact until our server came and left us the check. I grabbed the check before she could and left the cash along with the tip.

"Do you want to come hang out my house instead so we're not out that much?" I asked and she nodded her head.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan." She smiled and we both got up from our seats. I opened the door for her and put my hood on just in case. Nicole looked down at the ground, covering her face with her hand, as a couple of paparazzi and fans took pictures. We safely made it to the car and I opened the door and closed it behind her once she was in. I ran to the other side of my car and got in while Nicole put her seatbelt on. I played my playlist and we were off to my house. So much for a nice day out in the city.
-
Nicole

We finally arrived at Shawn's house and we both walked into the quiet house.

"Are your parents home?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No they're out running errands with Aaliyah." He said and we walked upstairs to his room. He closed the door behind us and I sat down on the chair next to his piano.

"Why don't you sit on the bed?" He asked and I shrugged. We remained quiet for a moment, I could feel the tension between us. I looked down and fiddled with my fingers, not knowing what to say.

"Nicole, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I mean why wouldn't they be?"

"Are you sure, because ever since the paparazzi you've been quiet. You shouldn't worry about them babe they just want a picture to make money." He said and he held my hands in his.

"Yeah I know,"

"Then what's the problem, are you mad at me? Did I do something to upset you?" He ducked down in order to see my eyes since I had my head down.

"Shawn I don't think we could be together." I said and I felt a tear slip from my eye.

"What do you mean Nicole, please just help me understand."

"My past will just come up and bite us in the ass. You're so famous and my reputation shouldn't affect you."

"What reputation?"

"My bad reputation." I sniffled and he shook his head."Shawn I've gone through so many problems and I've done almost everything possible to ruin my life and I can't let it ruin yours."

"Nicole I like you way too much to let you go now, okay?" He grabbed my head with both hands and placed my forehead on his.

"I like you too popstar, but,"

"No buts, please, can we just leave this conversation and be together?"

"Do you not care about your reputation?"

"Nicole I could care less, I just know I like you and I want to be with you because before I met you there was someone or something in my life that was missing and that someone was you. When I met you the day I dropped that damn coffee mug it was like a light in my life that illuminated everything. You are the one person I need in my life right now and I don't want you to forget that." He said and I could see the tears in his eyes. I looked down at our knees and I began to cry. He brought me into his embrace and I felt once again safe in his arms.