Chapter 63

After the zoo we were all tired from walking around all day. It was around five o'clock and Shawn carried Hunter on his back again, only this time he was asleep. I held onto Shawn's car keys and his jacket as we walked over to his car. We all walked close together and once we got to his car I opened it, opening the door for Shawn so he could put my brother in the back seat.

"I swear this kid sleeps way to much." I shook my head and Shawn laughed.

"At least he'll grow faster."

"That's why Jacob is short, he doesn't get enough sleep." I said and my brother groaned.

"Hey, I'm not short." He got into the car next to my sleeping brother.

"Whatever you say." I rolled my eyes and closed the door. I opened the driver's side door and got in.

"Woah you want to drive my car?" He gasped. 

"Yes because only I know where we're going." I winked and he smirked closing the door and running over to the other side so he could take a seat in the passenger seat. We all buckled our seat belts and I adjusted the seat along with the mirrors before turning on the car.

"I love your car." I said and we both laughed. I drove down the streets and made it to the highway, making my way to our destination. Shawn held my right hand in his left while we all listened to the music that played lightly in the background.

"Nicole, where are we going?" My mom asked and I smirked.

"That's is a surprise madre."

I drove a bit more on the highway, getting off after a few minutes and making a right turn into the city. I parked in a parking structure and both my mom and Shawn looked at me with a confused look on their face. I chuckled and we all got out of the car before I woke up Hunter who was still sound asleep. He woke up with a smile on his face and I chuckled, helping him get out of the car and fixing his messed up hair. Shawn grabbed my hand and my mom held on to Hunter's while they all walked in front of Shawn and I.

"Where are we going?" Shawn whispered in my ear and I smiled.

"To dinner, a place we used to go to when we first got here." I explained to him. 

"What's it called?"

"Amelia's, we actually know the owner, she was a great help to us and she was the actual reason why my parents wanted to start the diner."

"Do you think your mom remembers?" He asked and I shrugged.

"No clue, to be honest I almost got lost getting us here, but I didn't want to say anything." I said and we both laughed. We walked further down the sidewalk and I could see the small restaurant in between the massive buildings ahead of us. As my mom got closer I could tell she was slowing down and she stopped in her tracks, looking back at me with a smile.

""You remembered." She said and I nodded, a smile on my face.

"Of course I did."

Shawn held the door open for us and we all piled in, being greeted by the smell of home style Mexican food. It was small restaurant, filled with enough seats to fill it, but the bright yellow walls made it pop. One of the hosts I had never seen before seated us and we all took a seat in the large, round booth against the wall.

"I have been craving Amelia's enchiladas since two years ago." Jacob said as he flipped through the menu and I chuckled, nodding in agreement.

"What's good here?" Shawn asked.

"Literally anything, just depends what you're in the mood for." I shrugged.

"You're right." He nodded and flipped threw the menu, his tongue poking out of his mouth a bit as he was concentrated. As I opened the menu I heard a loud crash followed by a loud scream. I looked up and saw a very familiar face making me smile.