Chapter 89

"Nicole?" I heard a voice, although it was distant, it was there. I slowly felt myself come to and I could feel someone tuck my hair behind my ear with care. I slowly opened my eyes, taking in my surroundings. I furrowed my eyebrows and realized I was in a room with large windows that overlooked the city, laying on a bed. 

"Hey Nicolioli." I heard Elijah's voice and he squeezed my arm. 

"Hey." I said, my voice coming out coarse. "God-" I held my head.

"What, you okay?" He asked, rubbing my back as I sat up. 

"I passed out didn't I?" I groaned and he chuckled. 

"Yup, you took quite the tumble." 

"I barely ate today, God I'm so dumb! All those people probably thought the worst." I laid back and covered my face with one of the pillows. 

"It's fine, trust me." He patted my hand and I heard the door open. 

"Nicole! Thank God you're awake, you feeling better?" Tanya came in and I nodded. 

"Yeah, but my ego is a bit hurt." 

"Oh you're fine, if anything you made Shawn feel really bad." She said and my eyes widened, choking on my own gasp. "The look on his face was priceless." 

"I didn't really get to that part yet Tanya." Elijah said and she covered her mouth.

"Shawn's here?" I asked and they each nodded. "R-really?" I stuttered and Tanya sat next to me, hugging me. 

"I thought that's why you passed out." She sighed. "I never knew, but I guess AG Artists manages him and my boss is the head of his marketing team." 

"Is he still here?" 

"Yeah, I think he won't leave until he knows you're okay, as much as he doesn't want to admit it." 

"How long was I out?" 

"About an hour or two." Elijah said and I let out an exasperated sigh. Fucking hell. After three fucking years of avoiding places I knew he would be and never wanting anything to do with him. I had seen him once, two years ago, I had walked into a coffee shop after a late meeting and I saw him, sitting at a table, writing in a journal. Once I saw him I ran out of there and didn't look back. 

"If you want we can sneak you out, disguise you as Elijah." Tanya shrugged and we all giggled. 

"No it's fine, I'm just going to go to the bathroom real quick and then we'll head out." I smiled and patted her thigh before getting up slowly. 

"It's to your right, down the hall, first door." Tanya added and I nodded, walking out the door and heading to the bathroom. I opened the door and closed it behind me, locking it before staring at myself in the mirror. I opened the tap and pressed cold water on my cheeks. 

"Calm down Nicole, it's not the end of the world." I whispered to myself in the mirror. "You have grown, you are not that person anymore, and you do not need him." 

I let a deep breath out and fixed myself before opening the door, walking out only to bump into something hard. 

I looked up and saw Shawn, his eyes widened as he backed away from me. We just stared at each other awkwardly, not saying a word to each other. He looked different, very mature and grown. His hair was much longer, his curls more defined as well as his facial features. He towered over me, taller than when I met him. Damn him for looking handsome as always, I'll admit. He was wearing black slacks paired with a black t- shirt and a navy blue dress shirt that was left unbuttoned. I could see his tattoos showing, a swallow on his hand and guitar on his forearm.