Chapter 56

I took a look from backstage the amounts of people that were filling the seats. I tried to control my breathing. I've never been one for public speaking. Shawn stood behind me, holding my waist as we waited for our cue to sit down with James. Finally, everyone took their seats and the crew took their places.

James took his seat and everyone applauded as he waved to them with a smile on his face.

"Ready camera 1!" Someone yelled. "And action!"

The cameras were rolling and everyone clapped once again.

"Welcome back to the Late Late Show everyone!" He widely smiled and announced his words. "Today we have a special treat for you, we are joined by Shawn Mendes and his girlfriend Nicole Ortega, come on out guys!"

I followed Shawn's lead as he held my hand and everyone applauded. Shawn guided me to the blue couch next to James' desk, we sat down and the room became silent.

"Welcome guys it is so great to have you here." James began. 

"Thank you for having us James, it's always a pleasure being here." Shawn answered.

"And how are you Nicole?" He turned towards me and I felt a wave of nerves wash over me as I saw the camera point to me.

"I'm great actually, and thank you for having me, this is so amazing." I smiled. "And you?"

"I'm doing great as well." He smiled. "Now guys, let us get to the juicy stuff I'm sure everyone wants to know."

"What kind of juicy stuff?" Shawn chuckled as James pulled out a photo of Shawn shirtless.

"Like this! What does your mother think about this Mendes?" He interrogated.

Everyone laughed, including me, and Shawn's face filled up in a shade of crimson red as he snickered.

"I'm joking, but let's look at this picture shall we?" He set down the card and picked up another.

James pulled out another square image, but this time is was of Shawn and I on the soccer field where I was laying on the ground while Shawn was on top, kissing me. We both blushed and the room was filled with 'awws.'

"What was happening in this photo you two lovebirds?"

"Shawn sucks as soccer, plain and simple." I had the nerve to respond and everyone giggled. 

"I do not, you had an advantage." 

"And that was?"

"Well, she had cleats on and I didn't." He explained to the crowd as I rolled my eyes and James shook his head.

"Shawn you suck at soccer." James repeated and I high fived him.

"I feel attacked." He shook his head. "Anyway, she wanted to play me and I bet her that I would win."

"Yet you lost Mendes."

"Yes I did, but like I said, she had an advantage." He shrugged.

"So, when did you guys start dating officially?"

"December 22nd." Shawn smiled and held my hand in his.

"Wow, winter romance, I love it." He gushed. "And I'm sure the Mendes army would love to know, how did you guys meet?"

"I think Nicole can explain." Shawn turned to me and I cleared my throat, crossing my legs.

I chuckled and I began to speak. "Well I work at a diner back in our hometown Pickering, one night I was working really late and Shawn was the last person I had to help out before I could clock out. So, Shawn being Shawn, dropped his coffee mug and we just started to talk after he helped clean it up. He later left, at least that's what I thought, and I walked out to my car. To my luck it was pouring rain and my car decides to break down in the parking lot."