Soulmates

"Once, a long, long time ago, all people had four legs and two heads of three sexes, males, females, and male and females. Due to their disinterest in revering the gods, the gods got angry and threw down thunderbolts, splitting everyone into two. Each half then had two legs, and one head. But the separation left both sides with a desperate yearning to be reunited, because they shared the same soul. And ever since then, all people spend their lives searching for the other half of their soul"

Gabrielle

After classes were over for the day, Arthit and his friends had some errands to run in preparation for the internship programs. Third year students had started submitting applications to various companies so that by the start of their last year, everything will be set.

Taking a break, they stopped for dinner at a small restaurant. As they sat down eating, Bright was on about finding a new girlfriend and instead of eating he was checking out the female population within the restaurant.

"Why don't you focus on finding the one, instead of moving from one person to the other" Toota suggested

"The one" he asked

"Yes the one, you know your one and only, the one you can't leave without, your soulmate"

They all knew Toota was deep into romantic stuff, so they stopped questioning him anymore and just learned to go with it.

"Everyone should have a soulmate, for example, Kongpob is Arthit's soulmate" he said pointing at Arthit, which caused him to choke on what he was drinking.

"Arthit and Kong just click together, like it was always meant to be. Now Arthit has nothing to worry about because he has already found the one".

"You really think that Kong is my soulmate?" he asked after calming down from his choking fit

"Well, do you have someone else in mind or better yet do you see Kongpob with someone else?" he asked right back at Arthit

Just the thought of Kong with someone else was-, he didn't want to think about it. Although he never admits it out loud, deep inside he just knew that Kong was meant for him and no one else in the world.

"Plus, with the way he spoils you someone would have to be blind not to see it" Knott said

"Kong doesn't spoil me" he mumbled

"Really!" they all said, and started bombarding him with questions

"Who makes sure that you wake up on time in the morning?"

"Who gets you pink milk every day?"

"Who does all the cleaning?"

"Or iron your clothes, tell me the truth Arthit, did you iron this shirt this morning?"

Wow, they sure know a lot about me, "Ok fine, but that does not mean that he spoils me" he retorted

"Why don't you shut up and let us with no soul mate focus on getting ours, I bet if I concentrate had enough, I can feel my soul mate, I know they are in here somewhere" Bright interjected

"Really!" Arthit smirked

"Yeah, now shush"

"Bright, you have to close your eyes for it to be effective" Arthit told him, and Bright closed his eyes

"Try to tune out all the sounds and distractions around you and concentrate" Arthit continued, and Bright did as he was told

As Bright sat there, with his eyes closed, tuning out all the sounds as much as he could, Arthit motioned for all of them to leave, and they sneaked out of the restaurant leaving Bright there.