Contract 2.0

The first-year students had received their gears, signaling the end of hazing activities, and they were also officially recognized as juniors. The official meaning of the gear was explained to them again when they received it, but word got around about the other meaning of the gear which represented the heart.

Coming down the hallway, Arthit and his friends were headed to their next class when Prem whistled and said, "someone is popular". They all turned to what he was looking at and they saw Kong, and right next to him was another first year. She was holding out her hand towards Kong and in it was her gear. 

That not so good weird feeling was making itself known, and Arthit decided to leave before he had an outburst in the hallway.

"Arthit, where are going?" Toota asked

"Class" came his fast response

"I love your confidence, but you have to do something before your fiancé is stolen" Toota told him as they followed him to class.

Later that night Arthit asked Kong of his gear, wanting to know what happened earlier if he took that first-year student's gear or gave his to her.

"It's safe" Kong replied pointing to where it was. It was on a display stand on the desk in the study room right next to Arthit's gear. Relief washed over him, funny how he did not notice it there before.

"Do you know what the gear means?" Arthit asked

"Yeah" he replied, with the buzz going around campus it was hard not to know. After thinking about why Arthit was so interested in the gear he asked, "did you want me to give you my gear?"

"No" he replied fast, trying to hide the fact that he really really wanted to say yes

"You sure, you know I'll happily give it to you"

Arthit shook his head

"Ok then", Kong chuckled going back to what he was doing

The next day in class, when Arthit sat down, his friends noticed how his eyebrows were knitted together, lips narrowed and thin, and they knew he was irritated.

"What is wrong with Arthit?" Prem asked Knott who came in together with Arthit

"I bet it has something to do with 0062" Bright said

It sure did, right before he got to class, they witnessed another scene, with another student trying to give Kong their gear. Arthit yelled at them to stop slacking off and get to class and the girl ran back to class in fear as if the devil was chasing her.

After Knott explained to them what happened, Toota told Arthit he was jealous

"I'm not jealous" Arthit protested

"Of course you are, anyone would be in that situation" Toota said "you just need to do something so others will stop approaching your fiancé."

"Like what" he asked, he really needed to do something so people will stop hovering around Kong.

"How about you tell him honestly how you really feel" Knott suggested

"Be realistic Knott, we need something that Arthit can actually do"

"You can take him out on a date"

"You should give him your gear"

"Or you get him to give you his gear"

His friends said, giving him various options on what to do 

"Okay" Arthit responded taking them into consideration