chapter 17

by the time I woke up I saw jace and neferet in the door again. l neferet walked closer to me with pills in a small container. she also had a little Dixie cup with water. "pill time sweetie" she said in a sing song voice. in the background jace opened his mouth and pointed to under his tongue and I knew instantly. I put the three pills under my tongue and ignored the burning sensation they caused. once she left I got up and pulled them out of my mouth. I walked over to the toilet and flushed them down. but of course the taste made me puke. once i was done I got up and examined myself. I looked like the living dead. my hair was up in all places and under my eyes were black. I smelt like I just crawled off of a fishing boat after getting caught in the net with other fish. I cringed and looked around. I found a shower and said bingo. I left the bathroom to find some real clothes. I searched my school bag I searched the bag of stuff zoey brought. nothing. so I decided to call zoey. I dialed her 10 digit number on my black iPhone with a blue case and an anime character. moka akashia to be exact. she picked up after the first 3 rings. "zoey? I need some clothes. I smell like a drowned fish" I explained my situation. she laughed and said she would be here soon. I was grateful to her for helping. after half an hour she walked in with my clothes and two cups of coffee. she passed me a double double. I took a small sip and smiled. "thanks I needed that" I said. "No problem. I'm glad to help. oh and by the way you get discharged today. we can go back home to the house of night" what she just said was music to my ears. I went tooth bathroom and had a 10 minute shower. I put the clothes I was brought on. they were knee length tight Jean shorts. the shirt was a light ish purple Hollister shirt. for shoes she brought me black flats with black and white poke dotted bows on the front. I put my hair up in a high wet pony tail. I examined myself in the mirror. the outfit complemented me well. once i was out of the bathroom I packed up all my stuff. that includes my unitatoe. by the time I was done zoey was already at the door. I got my stuff over my shoulder in my black duffle bag and walked down the hall with zoey by my side. we had finally made it to the front desk where we were signing me out. once we were done I followed her to her car. we rode in silence back to the house of night. I was in the back stark was driving and zoey was beside me comforting me. of course jace was behind us In his truck. I was eager to get home. mostly because that creepy neferet is at the hospital. "zoey what city are we in?" I asked having issues recognizing my surroundings. it felt weired to be in a different city. "we are about 5 hours away from Tulsa" she replied obviously botherd that I called her zoey instead of mom. what does she expect though? she hasn't been in my life for years. well this will be an interesting car ride. I thought as I looked out the window and letting out a depressing sigh.