Prologue:

"Any idea what that thing is yet?" Jet asked, leaning over Moguera's chair, eyeing his computer screen.
"Not yet. I thought it might be the breach again, but these readings are way different." Moguera replied. They had been observing a strange anomaly at the bottom of the ocean, not far from Monster Island. It had only appeared that morning, but everyone was already worried about it. A massive amount of energy converged at one single point, which appeared to be a small hole that lead straight downward into a murky, dark abyss. Nobody had any idea what it was. Any probe that was sent near the hole never returned, leading to the conclusion that whatever the hole was, it was dangerous.
"How are they different?" Jet asked. "Maybe it's the same sort of gateway and we can just send a bomb through it like last time."
"No, I doubt that would solve the problem." Moguera shook his head. "These readings say it's not so much a gateway or a portal, but more of a... living thing."
This worried Jet greatly. "This could get worse fast." He said. "I think it's time we send in some professionals."
"Got it." Moguera said. "I'll call in the Jaegers and the rest of the crew-"
"No, not them." Jet interrupted. "I meant it's time we contact our friends on Monster Island."