Chapter 2: Into the Abyss

Soon enough, Godzilla and the others arrived at the coordinates Jet had sent to them. It wasn't too far from shore. In fact, the anomaly they detected was located in a somewhat shallow area of the ocean.
"I'll swim down there and see what's going on." Godzilla said. Before he jumped into the ocean, Mothra grabbed his arm.
"Wait, Godzilla." She said. "We have no idea what could be down there. It might be dangerous."
"We've dealt with dangerous stuff before, Mothra." Godzilla chuckled. But he could see where she was coming from, and got back in his seat. "But I guess we really have no idea what it is. Jet said it was some sort of... living hole in the ground."
"But that makes no sense." Anguirus said. "How can a hole in the ground be alive?"
"It's probably more than just a hole." Rodan said.
"In that case, I should really take a look." Godzilla said. He got back up, but Mothra followed him.
"Godzilla, wait just one second..." She said. "I'm sensing something really bad. It's coming from right below us. I think... whatever that is down there is a source of evil energy."
"Evil? How so?" Godzilla asked.
"I don't know." Mothra shook her head. "But I've never sensed anything this bad before. I think we should..."
Before Mothra could finish her sentence, Godzilla dove down into the water below. Mothra rushed to the side of the boat where Godzilla just was.
"Godzilla!" Mothra shouted. She groaned in frustration as she watched him disappear into the deep blue ocean. Sighing in defeat, she slumped down into her seat.
"Looks like even Godzilla can get tired of listening to you." Anguirus chuckled. Mothra responded by glaring at him, followed by spitting a glob of webbing at his face. This made Rodan begin to laugh uncontrollably as Anguirus tried to pull the substance off. Mothra smiled smugly and turned back around in her seat, only to see that the communicator in front of her was ringing. Jet was calling. She immediately picked up, only to hear Jet's frantic voice on the other end.
"Mothra, you didn't go to the coordinates I sent, did you?" He asked.
"Yeah, we're there now." Mothra said. "Godzilla just-"
"You need to get out of there!" Jet commanded, interrupting her. Mothra was taken aback by this. After Anguirus got the webbing off of his face, he and Rodan were equally confused. They leaned over Mothra's seat to see the communicator's screen.
"What? But you told us to come out here." Mothra continued.
"I know, but... I think something was influencing me when I did." Jet explained. He ran his hand down his hair. "It's... hard to explain, but it felt like I was under some sort of mind control when I asked you to go. I think it has to do with the anomaly. It's almost as if it wanted you all there for some reason. Whatever the reason, you need to leave as soon as possible!"
"I knew something bad was gonna happen!" Mothra muttered.
"Wait... where's Godzilla?" Jet asked, much more frantic than before. Mothra gasped as her eyes widened.
"He's down there now." She said.
"What?!" Jet asked.
"He just jumped into the water! I tried to tell him not to, but he didn't listen to me!" Mothra explained.
"This is bad... very bad." Jet said, wiping sweat off his face. "Okay, don't go in after him. I'll be there soon, so just wait for him to come back up."
Mothra nodded and the communication ended. However uncertain about the situation she was before, that was multiplied by about 100 by now. Anguirus and Rodan were just as worried.
"What the hell is down there?" Rodan asked, peering over the side of the boat. He could barely see anything in the dark blue water below. Suddenly, a raindrop splashed in front of him. It was followed by another, and then another, and then another. The once clear blue sky went grey as clouds began to cover the sun. The three Kaiju looked up at the dark clouds as they began to rain down on them. They became darker and darker as the rainfall grew heavier. Finally, thunder struck as lightning crashed in the distance.
"That doesn't seem normal, right?" Anguirus asked.
"No... no, it doesn't." Mothra said. She placed a hand on her chest to calm herself down, but it didn't work.
"Um, guys?" Rodan asked. "...Are we moving?"
As it turned out, they were moving through the water. But nobody was driving the boat. The storm was beginning to shift the water, which was making the boat move. As the storm got more and more erratic, they started to move into a violent current. Mothra dove into the driver's seat and tried to move out of it, but to no avail.
"I think we're getting sucked into a whirlpool!" She said. Lightning crashed overhead once again. Jet was right. Something was definitely wrong.

Godzilla swam swiftly down to the bottom of the ocean. Soon enough, he saw the anomaly Jet had sent them to find. As Jet had described, it was nothing more than a hole. It was a little bit bigger than he had expected, but not by much. Godzilla peered down into the hole, and saw only a deep black void below. Even the sides of the hole were pure black. The sand around the hole was cracked and broken, and seemingly dry despite being underwater. Godzilla reached a hand down and traced his fingers around the edge of the hole. Nothing happened, but it felt strange. It didn't feel like sand or rock, it felt like... flesh. He quickly pulled his hand away when he felt it.
"What the hell..." He thought. Against his better judgement, he knelt down onto the ground and slowly reached his hand into the hole. This time, he felt nothing at all. But once his entire arm was down into the whole, a small tremor went through the ground. Godzilla pulled his arm out and stood back up. As the tremor slowed down and finally stopped, Godzilla saw something else. Something was coming out of the hole. It looked like some sort of substance, as it swirled around like smoke in the water. It appeared black at first, until it began to spread and turned dark red, like blood. Godzilla thought that's most likely what it was, though he was slightly disturbed by the idea. As the substance continued to swirl around the water, it began to float towards him. Once again ignoring his better judgement, Godzilla slowly reached out a hand to touch the strange substance. As his finger approached it, the water around it got warmer and warmer. By the time he reached the swirling substance, the water was so warm to the point where a normal human would be uncomfortable. But before he could take his hand away, the substance changed. Before his eyes, the liquid that came out of the hole transformed into solid matter. It appeared to look like long black strands of hair that somehow wrapped itself around his wrist. Wherever the hair touched him, it felt like fire burning his skin. He tried to fight through the pain and pull away from his captor, but the substance was as strong as steel. It pulled him towards the hole. It was trying to pull him in. In a last ditch effort, he drew his katana and sliced the hair wrapped around his arm. This worked, and the now dead hair fell off of his arm. But more of the substance was coming out of the hole, swirling towards Godzilla at a much faster speed. Godzilla swam back to the surface as fast as he could. When he breached the surface, he saw the storm and the rough water around him.
"What the..." He thought. "There were clear skies when I went down." He looked around and finally saw the boat. Mothra was struggling to steer it, while Anguirus and Rodan tried to get his attention. Godzilla swam towards them, but this was hard considering the deadly waves around him. He eventually reached the boat and grabbed onto the edge.
"Guys, we need to leave!" He said.
"What do you think we're trying to do?!" Mothra snapped. Anguirus and Rodan tried to help Godzilla back onto the boat.
"I saw the hole. Something tried to drag me into it." He said. "We need to leave before-"
Suddenly, he felt an immense heat around his ankle. He knew that the substance had grabbed him again. Before he could say anything to the others, he was dragged down into the water again. Mothra saw this and gasped.
"Godzilla!" She screamed. Her impulse took over and she dove into the ocean after him. Anguirus quickly tried to take over the steering wheel, but he knew it wouldn't work. Instead he turned to Rodan.
"I'm going in after them!" He said. "Rodan, fly back to the island and tell everyone what happened."
"What?! You're not seriously going down there, are you?" Rodan asked.
"Well, it's either that or die a watery death!" Anguirus half-joked before standing up. Before Rodan could protest, he jumped into the ocean head-first.
"You can't breath underwater like them, dumbass!" Rodan yelled. But it was too late. He was the only one left. He decided that Anguirus was right, and jumped into the air, abandoning the boat in the whirlpool below. He watched as it got destroyed and mangled by the deadly currents. The only thing left to do was fly back to Monster Island. However, when he heard thunder directly overhead, he knew something was going to go wrong. As he thought this, lightning suddenly struck him head on. He felt immense pain for about half a second before his world went completely dark and he fell out of the sky.