05 ⌛Friend or Foe⌛

"It doesn't matter how a deed was done, what matters most was a good outcome."

🌟Matilda Reynolds🌟

🔳🔳🔳🔳🔳

Tempus' Palace

"The beginning?" Tempus mused. His brows furrowed, his eyes grew distant trying to recall the exact starting point.

"Don't tell me you don't remember." Ares chuckled, slapping his legs with his hands in amusement. Time not recalling time? It was hilarious.

"Shut up!" Tempus lay down on the bed and pinched his nose from frustration.

It wasn't because he couldn't remember, but rather, he couldn't pinpoint when did exactly he was tricked and it angered him not knowing to the point of thinking murderous thoughts on how he should get even with Hades. This was what he got from being approachable with gods lower than him. Like seriously, why would he have Ares and Aphrodite as close friends. He should be feared the same way as his older brother and younger sister. But no, he chose to be the meek and humble one. He had this coming, deep inside he knew it, whether he wanted to admit it or not.

"You're not sleeping, aren't you?" Ares impatient reminder pulled his senses back to reality.

"Hades..." Tempus pondered, whispering the name in the air. His blazing golden eyes were burning holes on the ceiling.

Ares was restless, his back tensed waiting for Tempus to continue.

"... He paid me a visit a year ago, giving me information about a girl named Horaine, a human." Tempus paused and sat up abruptly as if remembering something. "How the hell did she get through my void?" he muttered to himself but loud enough for Ares to hear.

"Okay, now I'm lost. Can you explain in a language I understand?" Ares whined.

He was sitting on the edge of his seat. After hearing that a girl was involved, he couldn't stop himself from being anxious as excitement flooded through him.

"I mean, that girl, the human. She came inside my Orebus last night." Tempus spoke like he himself was doubting his own words.

"Orebus? As in your secret, in the middle of the void, Orebus?" Ares gushed. His jaw dropped from shock.

"Precisely." Tempus clucked his tongue in annoyance.

"Wow—" Ares whistled. He gave Tempus a meaningful stare, "and this human, what info did my Uncle gave you?" He pried, laughter dancing in his eyes.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?" Tempus narrowed his eyes at him accusingly.

Ares shook his head and plastered an innocent smile.

"It's not what you think it is," Tempus told him defensively.

Wanna bet? Ares thought but instead he answered, "of course."

They both fell in awkward silence.

"So..." Ares started again testing the waters.