Chapter 38

~Jacob's POV~

I walked back in with breakfast to see Shawn laying in bed on his phone. "Hey kid, breakfast." He turned around and looked at me. "I'm not hungry.." he turned back still on his phone. "Well it's there for whenever you are..." I got in bed as promised, and cuddled with him. He put his phone down and closed his eyes. "Now go to sleep." He hummed in response and I smiled. He eventually fell asleep and I went off to go visit with my dad.

I drove to this old warehouse and walked into it. I looked around for my dad but he was nowhere to be seen. I kept checking watch feeling very on edge. My dad showed up from the shadows and I looked down. All these feelings of anger came rushing back the moment I laid eyes on him. "What do you want?" I tried to speak with no fear but you could tell I was scared. "I want you to come back to the family business." His voice sent shivers down my spine. "I told you once, and I'll tell you again, I'm not coming back." I looked down not wanting to look at him. He shrugged and walked towards me. He put his hand on my throat and I tensed up. I started having flashbacks of his choking me and hitting me. "You will think about it." He let go and locked eyes with me. I felt my bottom lip quiver when he smirked. He handed me a card with a phone number on it. "Call this number if you change your mind. I'm willing to offer more." He walked off and I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. I sat down against a wall shaking. I started tearing up and I pulled out my phone to call Shawn. He answered and I almost instantly started crying. I never cry. "Jacob? Is everything okay? Do I need to call someone?" I sniffled and pulled my legs up to my chest hugging them. "No.. I just r-really needed to hear you're voice." I heard him sigh and I heard Zach crying in the background. "Babe just come back.. everything is going to be okay." I listened to him and got up. I got in my car and drove back but I kept him on the phone. Every once in a while I would say "Shawn?" To make sure he was still there. I parked at the university and got out. I hung up because he was waiting for me there. He hugged me and I cried on his shoulder. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around. He walked back to the dorm with me and when we walked in, Dillon was sitting on our bed.