Chapter 8 Sweet

Regina couldn't get over the fact that Killian looked for the guy that hurt her. Sure, she believed that he just didn't like women being hit, that wasn't unusual, and he was her boss. He had said he didn't want her career interrupted, but she felt like there was so much more to it.

The way he looked in her eyes, the way they stood staring at each other for almost a minute in silence, before Graham interrupted.
There was more to it. She couldn't go pursuing him though, he was her boss. Not to mention he could probably get any woman with his success.

Regina's POV- but he didn't have any woman, he was 35 and single. Oh stop thinking about this Regina, you can't have him. Have him? He's not an object, what is the matter with me? I can't stop thinking about this guy. No one has ever gone and protected me like that, except my sister. This guy I've known a week goes after someone he never met. For me? For me...

Killian and Graham at the gym

"Ah!" Killian hits the ball against the wall, "ok so why you so aggressive?" Graham asks. "I always play like this, you just don't like me kicking your ass," Killian mocked and the sweat dropped down his forehead.
"No, you're acting out your angst for Regina," Graham grinned. "Oh bloody hell," Killian slammed the ball against the wall to bounce back at Graham full force. "Ow! Dammit Killian! You have feelings for the girl, let yourself enjoy something," Graham said, breathing to catch his breath and drink some water.

Killian kept hitting the ball, "we went over this," Killian huffed. "Yeah and that woman was looking at you like her damn hero," Graham said. "So what? Doesn't mean we should date or anything," Killian said. "Maybe we are going to just be great writer and editor for this magazine," Killian shrugged. Graham glared at him, cynically. "Yeah right, you're already successful, get yourself a girlfriend," Graham said.

"Look who's talking, the one with a new woman every month," Killian teases and drank water catching some air. "Ok but that's me, you're the relationship type, I'm the hunter," Graham said.

"Maybe you're meant to mentor her as a writer and other things," Graham grinned. "Oh bloody hell," Killian rolled his eyes, and sighed. "She likes you man! I'm not gonna keep pushing you," Graham said. "Good!" Killian spat.
"Well no I am until you ask her out, give it a chance," Graham suggested. "And if it doesn't work?" Killian asked. "Then you go back to working as coworkers only," Graham said.
"Just don't sleep with her, take it slow," Graham said. "Wow coming from you that is surprising," Killian chided.
"I've slept with people in the office as you know and it didn't work out and there's no issues," Graham shrugged. "You're not the boss," Killian sighed. "True, but you're also more mature than me," Graham smiled.

"Well, what do I ask her to?" Killian thought. "Aww that's so cute," Graham mocked. "You know what I mean, drinks? Dinner? Something random?" Killian asked.
"Oh I see, Well, drinks suggests sexual intention usually, so given its you and not me, let's go for something else," Graham mused.

"Ask her to a sporting event," Graham suggested. "Like? How do I know she even likes sports?" Killian asked. "You'll find that out, ask her to a basketball game, no hockey," Graham said. "Ask her on a work reason, you want to see if she knows sports, to write it," Graham said.

"She's gonna see right through that," Killian said. "Probably," Graham grinned. "But she probably will also think it's cute, and it's also a date type of thing that won't imply anything needs to happen," Graham said. "And she will probably understand why you want to do that, since you're the boss, she will probably appreciate you making it into a work thing, this is perfect, I'll get you the tickets," Graham offered. "I've got my own connections," Killian said.
"No wait! That's it! I'll come up to you when she's around and say I can't go and cover it, and you just take them and ask her to come to cover it, it's perfect!" Graham said. "Why are you so damn excited about this?" Killian asked.

"Because I like hooking you up," Graham smiled. "And if you get with her and it's good, it will distract you and get you off my back," Graham laughed. "Ass, Can we please play now," Killian got up with the racket.

Regina at home - on the phone
"I don't know Zelena," she sighed. "I like him already for going after that putz," Zelena said. "You think it means he likes me?" Regina asked, twirling her hair in her fingers anxiously.
"Of course it does, he could have just gone there and called the cops or something. He went after the guy himself, that's a man who cares and has a crush, at the least. You said he's trying to run into you at the coffee shop too?" Zelena asked. "Well I don't know if he's trying to but he got my latte for me before I showed up," Regina said. "He likes you, but he probably is worried about the workplace thing," Zelena said.
"So then I definitely shouldn't make the first move," Regina said. "Well, possibly not, let him," Zelena said.

At work

"Uhh Miss Mills could I see you a moment?" Killian waved her over from his office door, nodded at Graham.
Regina hustled over to his door quickly, "Yes?" She asked, as she stood in front of him. "How's that article? It's not too difficult?" He asked.
"Uhh no." She shrugged.
"Hey Uhh sorry to interrupt boss, but I can't cover this game with you boss," Graham held up tickets. "It's your damn job," Killian snapped. "I'll umm." Regina started to leave, "why not take Regina see if she can cover it?" Graham suggested.

Regina looked up Killian shyly. "She has an article she's doing," Killian argued. "Well she can just cover the game with you, and I'll still write it boss," Graham said, "Do you know about hockey Regina?" Graham asked. "Uhh Yeah actually, my father was a huge fan," Regina said. "There you go," Graham smiled and handed Killian the tickets, and left.

"Uhh You sure you can do this? It's Friday," Killian said. "Sure I mean he said he can still write the article if I cover the game, with you," she muttered the last bit shyly.
"And it's for work, so," Regina said. "Right, good employee you are, Miss Mills, I'll umm send a car for you," he said. "I can just meet you at the arena," Regina offered, "Uhh ok, sure," Killian agreed.

Regina smiled and headed back to her desk, blushing like crazy.
Regina's POV- Regina calm down it's not a date.

Graham gave Killian a thumbs up as Regina's back was turned walking away. Killian grinned and shook his head heading back into his office, tapping the tickets against his fingers.

Killian's POV- that was so high school, I can't believe we just pulled that nonsense, but holy shit, she's coming and knows hockey.