CHÅPTĘR 8

~Willow's POV~

I've had too much sugar.

Wayyyyy too much sugar.

Is there seriously a teenager standing in front of me? Or maybe she's just a small child she seems small. Wait, a child's worse than a teen.

"Why the hell are there three strangers in my home?!"

"I'm Willow Stanford. Nice to meet you!" I say cheerily.

I hear the sound of skin slapping skin right beside me. I look over to see Amanda repeatedly hitting her palm against her forehead and muttering 'Why?' over and over again. I look the other way and see Danielle with her face in her hands not saying a word.

The girl I was speaking to gives me a look that screams 'What the fuck?'. She then turns towards Dark and Anti and pulls them down to her level by their ears.

"I'm gone for one day and this happens?!" She demands harshly. Both of them wince and cower.

What the literal fuck is happening right now?

Just at that moment Wilford walks in whistling. "Hey guys wh-" He stops dead in his tracks when he sees the girl. He slowly starts backing away.

She turns her head towards him, "Don't you think you're getting out of this." He instantly stops walking and pales.

"Come on you three." She growls letting go of Dark and Anti and walking away. The two men rub their ears and follow her. When she passes Wilford she grabs his hand dragging him away. When she turned the corner I could've sworn I saw flames coming out of her eyes.

Definitely too much sugar.

"Am I the only person who is confused as to what the hell just happened?" Amanda asks facing Danielle and me.

"No." Danielle answers her eyes trained on the spot where everyone just went. "But I suggest we stay here. That...teenager... seemed dangerous. I don't wan-"

"I'm going." Amanda declares heading in the direction everyone went.

I speak up, "Curiosity killed the cat!"

"Satisfaction brought it back!"

I hear Danielle sigh, "Willow stay he-"

I start running away, calling out, "Wait for me Amanda!"

"Willow!" I hear Danielle running after me.

I turn the corner and run right into Amanda's back, causing the small girl to fall forward; me landing on top of her. Danielle runs in after me and trips over us falling on top of me.

"Dog pile!" I squeal happily.

"Why am I on the bottom?! I'm the smallest of the group!" Amanda cries out from below me. She wiggles her away out of the pile, gasping for air.

"You're such a drama queen." Danielle mutters from above me.

All of a sudden I hear laughter above our little trio. I look up to see the girl from earlier laughing her ass off.

"You three...are quite...the group." She says in between laughter.

Danielle stands up, wiping her clothes off, and asks, "Who are you exactly?"

The girl gives us an evil smirk, "Your worst nightmare."

Amanda stands up, "I'm pretty sure my worst nightmare would involve no food on the planet. So do your worst..." She trails off when she sees Dark and Anti step into the room.

They look like they just went through Hell itself.

Their clothes were all burnt, and Anti had a few little flames in his hair, which he was desperately trying to put out.

Wilford walks into the room after them, looking like he'd just seen Hell itself, but otherwise unhurt. He runs over to me and wraps his arms around me, shocking me. I could tell he was shaking, so I hug back. Danielle and Amanda are giving me weird looks, but I just glare at them and continue to comfort Wilford.

"Did we learn our lesson?" The girl asks glowering at the three males.

Dark and Anti nod their heads, and Wilford lets out a little whimper, still hugging me.

"Good." She snaps her fingers and Dark and Anti's clothes are completely normal, and Anti's hair is finally out.

"Now, how 'bout we go eat some food and these three," She gestures towards the men, "can explain this mess."

****************

"They're your what?!" The girl splutters, choking on her pop that she had been drinking.

"Mates." Dark grumbles, crossing his arms over his chest.

I raise my hand from my position on the floor. The teen looks at me, "Yes, Willow?"

"I have two questions." I state, "One: What is your name? Two: What is a Mate?"

"Those are excellent questions Willow." She gestures towards herself, "I'm Charlie." she takes a deep breath, "A Mate is the demon equivalent of a soulmate. A demon can't live without their Mate."

"Hold up." Amanda holds up her left arm, and I notice an A on her arm. Where did that come from? "We're humans. How are we...Mates...of demons?"

Charlie sighs, "In rare cases a human can be a demon's Mate. When this happens the two beings do an exchange."

"Exchange?" Danielle asks skeptically.

Charlie nods her head, "Yes. The demon will take half of the human's soul, since they don't have one. In exchange the human becomes half demon."

Danielle leans forward, "How exactly does this process happen, Charlie?"

"Well...uh...?"

"Danielle."

"Well, Danielle, it happens when the two share their first kiss together." Charlie answers simply.

Amanda spits out the water she had been drinking. "What?!" She asks wiping her mouth.

"The thing is though," Charlie continues, ignoring Amanda, "the kiss can't be forced."

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You have to both want the kiss; you both have to mean the kiss. It can't be a situation where one person wants it and the other doesn't." Charlie explains.

"I ain't kissing nobody." Amanda says narrowing her eyes at Anti.

"Well, then you can die." Charlie says shrugging her shoulders.

"You're joking."Danielle says.

"Nope." Charlie shakes her head, "If she doesn't kiss him in a certain amount of time they both die. Simple as that."

"How do you know all of this? You don't look like..." Danielle gestures towards Charlie's body, "...you're old enough."

"Looks can be deceiving, Danielle." Charlie answers with a smirk.

"Now that's all cleared up. I need a favor from you three" Charlie gestures towards Dark, Anti, and Wilford, "And you're going to need these girls to do it."

Anti crosses his arms, "I ain't doing shit for y-"

"Do you really want to test me Anti?" Charlie says in a stern voice.

Anti shuts his mouth, shaking his head vigorously.

"Good." Charlie looks at us, "Now, get these girls some dresses."