What?

God. Dammit.

What did I do?

I tilted my head back down, watching him do the same. "Uh..."

He looked at me.

See, it's fine when it's America and England, because they're close! But...this is Germany we're talking about...

I saw him swallow.

"Well..." he started, "...this is a bit..."

"Yeah..."

Both of us were embarrassed and red, but we couldn't keep our eyes off each other. Then suddenly, the hands still on my shoulders tightened a bit. He lifted one up to brush it across my cheek, and decided to keep it there.

"But it is a tradition, so..."

He took a breath in, and leaned his tall frame down towards me, our noses an inch apart.

"...why not take part in it?"

And then his lips were on mine.

The first thing I did was close my eyes, enjoying the warmth radiating off him, as close as he was. I couldn't hear the rest of the activities going on in the room- only the blood rushing through my ears as my heart sped up in my chest. I was sure that if he had held me to him, he would feel its erratic beating.

The second thing I did was kiss back.

Ludwig must not have expected it, because when I opened my eyelids half-way, his were wide open. Shrugging, I closes them again and went back to kissing.

My arms went around his shoulders to pull him closer, ignoring the quiet thud of my phone hitting the carpeted floor. I'm sure he liked the way my body felt, because he moved, too- moving the hand on my shoulder down to my waist, pulling me even closer. His lips were, surprisingly, as soft as his hair, which was between my fingers at the back of his head.

It felt like an eternity would pass before we would separate, and I kinda hoped it would last that long, but we were stopped by very obnoxious French laughter.

"Ohonhonhon~ You two sure are going at it! Why did you not tell me you were dating, (Name)?"

We pulled apart (reluctantly, I might add) and stared at Francis, blushing and stepping a bit away from each other. Then he chose to answer.

"We're not dating! I just-we, I mean-we just were, uh...uh..." Ludwig stammered out.

"It was just Mistletoe, France. Look!" I responded, pointing one finger up at the plant.

"Ah, I see...there are others planted across the room, are there not?"

"Um...yes."

"Well then, I think I shall wait for my own Christmas kiss then, non?" And with that, he was gone.

Phew...

I turned towards Germany to see him pick up something from the ground. My phone.

"Here. You dropped this when we were...ja." He coughed a bit at the last part, holding out my phone.

I may or may not have let my fingers linger for just a smidge. Maybe.

Tucking it in my pocket, I looked up to see that he had already left the room.

Sigh.

I turned towards the rest of the room, watching others wall about- some taking up conversation with others, like Japan and Canada, others looking out the window calmly, like Spain, and some even involved with mistletoe problems, demonstrated by China trying to get out of Russia's grasp.

It seems like everyone was here. Except for Germany, who I had found out left to get some food he left in his car, and-

"I made it! The party can officially start now, dudes!"

I turned around. "Alfie! You're back!"

I watched as he went over to the table and placed a rather large platter covered by a metal lid on the table and placed a thick cardboard box on the floor next to an empty cooler.

"I hope you guys are cool with mini sandwiches... it's what I thought of as 'party-like', and I didn't have much else in my house."

"That's totally fine, Al!" I pointedly looked at the box of...stuff he was putting in the cooler.

"Those are England's sodas, I presume?" I questioned, pulling out a red one-there were a lot of red ones in there.

A voice from behind me answered. "You presume correctly."

Arthur staggered next to me, eyeing the cooler with a strange look in his eyes.

"So many colors...aaaahhhhh..."

I looked back at Alfred. "Is he OK?"

Alfred shrugged. "He always gets like this when he drinks."

Just then, he was shoved a bit by drunk Arthur. "You don't know me! I'm the United Bloody Kingdom and I can hold my liquor better than you any day!"

"Calm down, dude, I just-"

"Shut up! I felt bad about how old frog face was treating you, so I saved your sorry ass. But no, you just-"

At this point I just decided to walk away slowly, hearing Arthur slur more insults and Alfred's calming voice, telling him to chill out, lay off the booze, drink some sodas instead.

I saw Ludwig drop his things off at the table, and then go to where Kiku and Matthew were talking, joining their conversation. I also saw Alfred walking in a hurry towards the table, grabbing a red soda and chugging it. Everyone else just seemed at peace, listening to the faint sound of the wind from outside coupled with Christmas music, the occasional dancing song appearing for all to dance to.

With (favorite snack) in my right hand, and a cherry? strawberry? soda in my left hand, it really felt like the perfect party.

Which is why I didn't understand at first what went wrong when I woke up the next day.