Chapter 1

"Shikamaru!" I heard my mom call. I had finally woken up this morning but before my alarm clock went off. It went off as soon as I sat up and I didn't wanna move."Shikamaru, get your butt up and turn that thing off!" She yelled again."Troublesome woman..." I said to myself. I dragged myself out of bed and pressed the snooze button on the clock. After showering and getting dressing, I went downstairs to get breakfast.

"Hey, so we got some news for ya." My father told me when I sat down."Already too much information." I said, not really wanting hear it."Will you just listen?" He asked. I gave a sigh and turned to him to hear what he had to say."Your mother and I have been assigned to handle something for the Hokage. So you'll have to keep Shamika with you for about a month." He said."You're not serious, are you?" I ask.

"I know it sounds like a drag but I'm not joking. But look on the bright side, she'll get to spend more time with you." He said."Whatever." I said as my mom set my breakfast in front of me. After eating, I helped Shamika get dressed."Wait!" She shrieked as we were about to walk out the door. She ran back to her room and grabbed her white stuffed bunny."Is that it?" I ask."Yes." She nodded and we left.