Chapter 5

"Thanks for the ice cream." Shamika said with a smile."No problem." Asuma said."Whoa! You need a bath. Let's go." I said when I got a whiff of her."You could use one, too. You don't smell like rose peddles, either." She said, making Ino, Chouji, and Asuma sensei laugh. I picked her up and we left.

On our way home, I saw Naruto and his team coming our way."Hey, Shikamaru. Who is this?" He asked, bending down to bet closer to her."Shamika." She said."Awe, she's adorable." Sakura squealed. Then her eyes landed on Saskue.

"Well, hello there." He said, bending down and smiling a little. Suddenly, she came closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck in a hug. It was completely silent for a minute."How come he gets a hug and I don't?!" Naruto asked, breaking the silence.

"Because, Saskue's cool. You're not." She said, making Sakura laugh."That's not fair." Naruto said. Shamika let go of Saskue and kissed his cheek."Can I kept her?" He asked."I'm afraid not." I answered with a shrug."What about me?" Naruto asked again.

"I guess you just don't deserve one, Naruto." Kakashi said, looking up from his book, Make Out Paradise. The pervert."Fine." Naruto pouted."Quit complaining. You'll find someone to hug you eventually. Just not any time today." Shamika said, making everyone laugh and I just sighed.

"Okay, we'll see you later." I said, taking her hand and we continued home. I ran some warm water and she got in. I left her in the bathroom and I went to my room to relax until she got out. Within 15 minutes or so, she came out in a bright pink tank-top and white shorts.

"Shika, it's your turn." She said with a smile."Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically, getting out of my bed. I walked in the bathroom, closed the door and took off my clothes. I took the string that was holding up my hair and placed it on the counter. I stepped in the shower and let the water run down my body.

When I got out, I got dressed and lied down in my bed again."Shika." Shamika called, shaking me."What?" I ask calmly."Can I lay down with you?" She asked."Sure." I said and she got into the bed with me. She layed her head down on my chest and got comfortable.

But I made a few adjustments. I picked her up as if she were a baby and put her on top of me so I would be more comfortable. So she put her head back on my chest and fell asleep, as did I.

~Hours Later~

I woke up with Shamika still on me. I smiled before I woke her up."Five more minutes, mom." She said tiredly."I'm not mom. Come on, it's dinner time." I said, shaking her. She finally sat up and stretched."Sleep well?" I asked."Uh-huh." She answered, rubbing her eyes.

She got up, allowing me to stand up and stretch so we could get dinner. She took my hand and dragged me to Ichiraku's, where we saw Naruto again. He was scarfing down his 5th bowl of ramen.'Of course. I'd expect no less from the village's biggest ramen lover.' I thought with a chuckle.

"Hi, Naruto!" Shamika said, cheerfully."Oh, now you like me?" He asked, still pouting."Don't be a baby, baby." She said, looking like she felt offended."Three bowls of miso pork, please." She said."You are not gonna eat three bowls." I said."Yes I will. I promise I won't waste it." She said.

"Fine." I said with a sigh to avoid having to look at her puppy face. She ate the first bowl within minutes."What did I tell you?" She said, starting on her next bowl.

In the next 20 minutes, she was finished with all three."Ahh. That was good." She said."Are you ready to go now?" I asked."Okay." She said, getting up. I posted the man and we headed home.