Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning, still in Shamika's bed. I got up and stretched."Good, you're awake." I heard Shamika's voice in front of me."Good morning, princess." I said with a slight smile."Can we go eat? I's be hungry." She said rubbing her stomach."Sure." I answered."And can I have a puppy?" She asked.

"What?" I asked, confused."I want a puppy." She said."I don't know." I said, scratching the back of my neck."Pwease." She said looking at me with the puppy dog face.'Why did I not see that coming?!' I asked myself."I'll think about it." I said."Yay!" She said.

"Remember, it's not a definite yes." I told her and we left to get breakfast.(I don't know the name of the place that sells shishcabobs or whatever but that's where they went.) When we arrived, we didn't get much. Just something to last us until lunch.

"Hey, Shikamaru. Who's this little cutie?" I heard Kiba say. I turned my head and saw him messing with her hair."I'm Shamika. Shika's my big brother." She said and hugged me.

"Awe. She's so adorable. You never told me you had a sister." He said."There's a good reason for that." I mumbled under my breath. Then, Akamaru came from Kiba's jacket to sniff Shamika."Look! A puppy!" She said, picking him up and holding him in her arms like a baby.

"Can I keep him, Shika?" She asked."No, he's mine." Kiba said, trying to take him from her but she wouldn't let him go."I want him." She said pulling Akamaru."You can't have him, sweety." Kiba said pulling Akamaru."I said I want him!" She shrieked.

"Shamika, let him go. You're gonna hurt him." I said, breaking the two up."You said I could have a puppy." She said."No I didn't. I said I would think about it." I reminded her."Are you done thinking yet?" She asked."No." I said and turned to Kiba."I'm sorry. She's super spoiled. We try not to." I explained.

"I can see that." He said, eyeballing Shamaika. I took a long look at her, too, trying to figure out what her real problem is. She's like a creature inside of a creepily adorable body. What has my mother unleashed?

"Can I please borrow him?" She asked holding her hands out."I apologize but I can't do that." Kiba said, as Akamaru hid in his jacket again.'This is such a drag.' I thought, just wanting it all to end."Fine." She said, pouting."It's okay. Maybe you can get another puppy." Kiba said, trying to cheer her up.

"Can I pet him one last time before you go?" She asked with that same evil sparkle in her eye."Sure." He said, taking Akamaru out of his jacket. She pet him softly and he licked her face."Okay, I gotta get going. See you later." He said and left.

"We should get going, too." I said and played the bill before going to the training field. For some reason, Ino seemed scared and and she kept glancing at Shamika. I turned and saw her just sitting and staring at Ino. Like she was studying her. Then she sighed and began to play with the bunny.

What I didn't expect is her to using the Shadow Possession on her bunny. She made it dance and do everything else she did. She made a funny face, so did the bunny. Since she was occupied, I continued training with Asuma. We heard her laughing and we all turned to her in awe.

"I wish I had a sister like her. In spite of how she scared us yesterday." Chouji said. We continued training, and before we knew it, Asuma congratulated us. He rewarded us by telling us "I'll take you guys out for--" unfortunately, he didn't get to finish because Chouji yelled."BARBEQUE!!!"

"NO!!" Shamika yelled."You have no say in this!" Chouji yelled."Will you stop yelling, Chouji?!" I asked."Anyway, I agree with her. We always have barbeque. What do you want?" Ino asked."Ice cream!" She said, throwing her hands in the air.

"Okay, ice cream it is." Asuma sensei said. And we left the training field.