Chapter 6

When we got home, I stayed up just sitting on my bed."Shikamaru?" I heard Shamika call me."Yes." I answered."Can I sleep with you tonight?" She asked."Why do you wanna sleep with me?" I ask."Cause I want to." She replied.

"Why?" I ask

"I don't know."

"What does that mean?"

"What does what mean?"

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Don't know about what?"

"Why you wanna sleep with me."

She gave me a look, saying she forgot."Look, in not playing any of your mind games. Go to bed." I instructed. She pouted and left my room. I felt bed that I did no, but I get the feeling that she's gonna try something crazy while I'm asleep.

I led down and closed my eyes thinking about when my parents would be coming home. I know this sounds a little crazy coming from me, but I miss them. A lot. It's only been a week and I don't know if I'm gonna survive three more weeks alone with Shamika.

But I fell asleep anyway and thought about something else.

~Two Weeks Later~

I woke up Tuesday morning and went to Shamika's room. She was sound asleep in her bed, holding her stuffed bunny. I smiled and went to the kitchen for a drink when I heard someone knocking on the door."Who's there?" I ask."It's Ino. Open up." She said and I opened the door, although I got the feeling I shouldn't have.

"What do you want?" I ask."I was coming to pick you up. We have training and Asuma isn't gonna tolerate anyone being late. Even if you are babysitting." She said with a smirk."Okay. I have to wake her up." I said, then heard tiny footsteps.

"I'm already awake. My dream ended when Sunshine showed up." She said sarcastically, pointing at Ino."Hehe...sorry about that." She said laughing nervously and scratching the back of her head."Is there any chance you can leave her home today?" Ino whispered to me as Shamika got a glass of water.

"If my parents find out I left her home by herself, they'd freak. Then kill me. Then freak again cause they killed their only son." I said. She sighed. I helped Shamika get dressed and we headed to the training field with Ino. On the way, we ran into Saskue."Look! It's Emo Duckie-Dino!" Shamika said pointing at him. I couldn't help but laugh, but they didn't hear me.

"Hey Saskue. Wanna go on a date with me after training today instead of that billboard brow Sakura?" Ino asked."Sure." He replied and Shamika tilted her head."Really?" Ino asked, excitedly."No." Saskue replied and Shamika burst into laughter."That's cold." I said, shaking my head.

We continued to the training field and found Asuma there waiting with Choji."What took you two so long?" Asuma asked."Ino took a pit stop to get rejected." Shamika said, laughing.'Dang.' I thought. Choji was laughing and Ino punched him in the head."Okay, knock it off. There's still a child watching." Asuma said.

"Okay, go sit down." I told Shamika but she didn't move. She just stood there pouting with her arms crossed."What's the matter now?" I ask, getting annoyed of seeing her with that face."I wanna train with you. I'm tired of watching you make Asuma sensei dance like a monkey." She complained.

"Are you saying I dance like a monkey?" I ask, feeling offended."...No." She said."Anyway, you're too young. You're not even in the academy yet." I scolded but she refused to take no for an answer."Okay if you're so eager to start training so earily, let's see what you can do." Asuma said. I had a feeling that he was making a mistake.

She stood in front of Asuma and everyone watched as she performed fast hand signs."Shadow Possession Jutstu!" She said and a shadow caught Asuma so he couldn't move. She pulled out a giant shuriken and was about to threw it at him."Any last words?" She asked with a smirk. I didn't bother to stop her cause this is my technique. I know exactly what she was gonna do.

Apparently, the others didn't. Their eyes were wide, as if the suspense was killing them. Asuma was silent, therefore, Shamika threw the shuriken and stood there with a smirk on her face. Asuma looked as if her were a little worried that she wasn't gonna move. But once the shuriken was about two inches away from her face, she did a back flip, letting the shuriken fly over her and hit a tree behind her.

On Asuma's side, he hit his head on the tree that was just inches from the back of his head.'That's my girl.' I thought, smiling at Shamika."Whoa! That was awesome!" Ino said."That's what happens when you're born amazing." Shamika said with a big smile. I laughed and shook my head.