Alaric?: Ch 2

(This is the castle

(This is the castle.)

Victoria POV:

Have you ever felt that there is something out there just waiting for you. Almost like the people who cross your path were fated to meet you......

"Bye mom Bye dad." I gave them a tight hug. After several hugs and kisses, and lots of goodbyes my parents left.

I stared at the car until it disappeared into the woods. I had waited so long and finally I would be attending the most elite, and very well known high school, Nights bane Academy. I had worked 2 jobs for 3 years just to attend this school. Since the tuition was so expensive I could only afford one-year, senior year. And finally all of my hard work would pay of.

 And finally all of my hard work would pay of

(These are the doors to the girls dorms. Sorry if it's blurry but it is the closest thing to what I imagined.)

I looked up. Why did I feel strange as if something that I couldn't begin to comprehend awaited me on the other side of the large doors. I took a deep breath, "let the adventure begin".

I pulled my luggage and went inside. "Is anyone there". I called out. "Im Victoria Amherst, the new student" It was very quiet. I began to wonder around mesmerized by the beautiful paintings.

A large painting caught my attention. It was above the fireplace. The lovely couple smiled brightly. The man looked strong, proud and may I say very but very handsome. Next to him was, I would guess his wife. She was very beautiful. She looked quite small and frail standing next to her husband. They looked very happy, the light clearly showing in their eyes. Alaric and Annora Meszaroa, 1841, it said on the bottom right.

"May I help you". A voice said from behind. I jumped.
"Sorry for startling you. Are you Miss. Amherst."
"Yes" I answered.
"Please follow me Miss"

It was an older man. In his late 50's, I thought. He wore the stereotypical butler uniform. I followed him into a large hallway to the girls dorms. It was very quiet.

"Is everyone asleep" I asked.
"Yes"he answered.
It was only 9:45.
"What is the curfew"
"It's 9:00"
After a long awkward silence I asked
"So how long have you been a butler".
"20 years" he said.
"Wow 20 years that's more years than I've been alive"
"Were here", he said.