VII. It's Untitled

VII. It's Untitled

The sun was a painful alarm clock as Celeste rubbed her eyes groggily. She let out a groan and sigh, snuggling into what she thought was a pillow. With some shuffling, she came to a realization. It was definitely not a pillow.

"The hell." She muttered, her head full of pain. Her vision was blurry, but she couldn't mistake the perfection of Julian's face above her. Her eyes widened, and she whispered to herself, "Holy shit, holy shit."

His eyes were closed, and his breathing was slow. He was 100% asleep, and Celeste found her head on his lap. She looked at the clock on the stove, and it was ten in the morning. "Julian." She whispered to herself.

She lifted herself off the couch, grasping for the water bottle and Advil on the side table. She was sure he'd left that for her, but she could barely recall anything after Lizabeth interrupted their night.

He seemed to be sleeping heavily. This was the first time Celeste had really seen him in a light like that. She sat on the floor, just staring for a moment. She felt like she was in a movie as the light coming in from the kitchen window fell onto his face as his brows furrowed a bit, sleeping peacefully. This made her smile, and she rose to her feet, covering him with the blanket that was once on her.

She was going to make breakfast.

"Tch." She let out, rubbing her head. First, I need to take a hot shower. This pain is killing me. She felt nauseous from the night before, and she was definitely in poor shape.

Once the shower was ready, she let the water run down her back, attempting to sweat out the rest of the alcohol in her system. The water was scorching. By time she was finished, it was around 10:30am. Julian was still asleep on the couch somehow. Since it was getting warmer outside, it was time to turn on the A/C. That day, it would be 80 degrees in Philly, and it was only a week into May.

"This is ridiculous. There goes an extra forty dollars a month for the electric bill." She ranted to herself, whispering quickly. Her long red locks were tied in a high ponytail, but she still continued to brush away a few dangling in her face. She wore a pair of red plaid pajama pants. Since her skin was boiling hot from her ridiculous shower, she opted for a comfortable gray racer-back tank top. This way she could cook with ease.

"Back into inferno hell." She mumbled, lightly taking out pots and pans from the bottom cabinets.

Well, it's what they say: "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Celeste laughed at herself, as she normally did. Wow, I'm ridiculous.

She turned to check on Julian, and he was still fast asleep. She hoped he wasn't a light sleeper. As she chopped tomatoes, green peppers, and spinach, she paid very close attention to perfection. She was in her element. This was one of the easier steps, but it may as well have been flawless in her eyes. Sebastian was sprawled out by her feet. There were quite a few times that she nudged him and stepped over.

The egg mixture was in the pan, and the low sound of simmering was the only thing that interrupted the peaceful silence within the room. There was a little bar with chairs that separated the kitchen from the living room, and Celeste leaned against it with a sigh.

"I'm gonna have to take a second Advil for real."

"I'm surprised you woke up before me. You bounce back quickly." A husky voice lowly mumbled, and Celeste turned her head, waving at Julian with a smile.

"Well, look who's awake. Shouldn't you be doing this for me, the helpless drunk girl." Celeste hadn't forgotten how protective he was when Lizabeth grabbed her arm. There was a bruise starting to purple, but she covered it up with concealer. Nonetheless, as she made pancakes and omelets, she thought all about him, embarrassed that she was being this weak willed against his charm.