Chapter 1

Kian's P.O.V.

Today I go to another foster home which I am not excited for. You'd think after being in and it of eighteen foster homes, I would be used to it. But it's all the same. Stay at one house for three months, six months, and longer or shorter periods of time. My social worker, Mrs. Hannah and I are currently taking a taxi to my new foster home which is the same routine we always do.

"Kian, I think you're really gonna like this family. They have sons around your age and they're very nice people." Mrs. Hannah told me.
I need and she said "Bust can you to,idea me that you're at least try to talk to them? They want to get to know you and it's hard to do that when you don't talk to them."
"I'll try." I replied.
Lots of the foster homes I was abused and was told to not talk, so after awhile, I just stopped talking. Sometimes it works it and sometimes it doesn't.

My mom was born in Ireland and moved here once she turned eighteen. She got dual citizenship for Ireland and Canada when she met my biological dad. She became pregnant with me and my biological dad didn't want anything to do with my mom and I. My mom went back to Ireland and I was born there. After spending a year there, she came back to Canada with me and it was just us. When I was three, my mom and I were in a car accident and she passed away before we got to the hospital. Children's Aid Society (CAS) took me because my mom's parents didn't want me. And that's how I got here.

We pulled up to a big house with a man and a woman standing outside of it.
We got out of the cab and walked over to the couple.
"Hi, I'm Autumn Harris and this is my husband Paul Harris." The lady introduced.
"Hi, I'm Mrs. Hannah, Kian's social worker. This is Kian." Mrs. Hannah said.
They waved and I waved back shyly.
"Kian, I have to talk to Mr. Harris and Mrs. Harris privately please." Mrs. Hannah told me.
I nodded and walked away from them.

"So, as you may have noticed, Kian doesn't talk that much, if at all. A lot of the foster homes he has been in have were abusive. He's had a rough life and he just needs somebody to show him what it means to be loved. He loves to listen to his music. He can hear you when he has his headphones on, so don't think he's ignoring you." I heard Mrs. Hannah tell them.
It's always the same thing she tells every foster home.
She talked to them more about me and then I hugged her goodbye.
She left in the cab and I guess I'm stuck here for the next few months until I'm placed into another foster home.

"So Kian, let me show you to your room." Autumn said.
I followed her upstairs and she stopped at the end of the hallway.
"Sorry it's so plain. Feel free to decorate it if you want." She told me.

"Paul and I have four sons around your age

"Paul and I have four sons around your age. We have Alister who is seventeen, Kenny who is sixteen, and then we have twin boys, Reed and Lawrence who are fourteen. Alister is adopted but the rest are biological. Speaking of the boys, they should be home from school soon. Would you like a snack?" Autumn told me.
I nodded and she said "Follow me."
We walked downstairs and to the kitchen.
She gave me some goldfish crackers and I ate them.