9

"Evening Professor" I clasp my hands in front of myself as I address the headmaster with a smile.

"Naya my dear, have a seat please." Dumbledore beckons for me to enter his office and sit across from him in one of the chairs parallel to his desk. "Lemon drop?" He extends a bowl of candies to me. I stifle a laugh as the gesture immediately reminds me of Peter always mumbling about Lemon drops and the headmaster in his sleep.

"No thank you sir" I smile.

A couple knocks sound from the door as my head whips around to see Euphemia Potter enter the office. "Sorry I'm late Professor Dumbledore."

"No worries Euphemia, please call me Albus" he smiles to the middle aged witch as she sits next to me.

It's been a few days since school started back up and today I have been called to the headmasters office to discuss the impending matters of my home life and what my future outside of school entails. Euphemia insisted she be there for me when I met with the headmaster and offer support for me. Merlin I owe this woman.. I think as I chew the inside of my cheek nervously.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time to finally hear more about my family, especially my mother. Dumbledore had no idea of my situation with my father, otherwise he would have immediately intervened.

He sighs and takes off his half moon spectacles as he rests them on his desk.

"To begin, I would like to say my dear I am truly sorry for what has happened to you. If only I knew.."

"Er- Sorry headmaster- for speaking out of turn.." I quickly interject before he can elaborate, "I don't want you to feel bad for not helping me. Its all my own fault really, I didn't tell anyone and my father did a very good job at hiding it all.."

"And for the record, Mr. Thomas managed to instil the fear of the situation becoming worse if she did call for help.." Mrs. Potter adds looking at me her lips pursed. I nod in agreement.

"Of course, Of course" the elderly wizard ponders.

"Well anyway we're here to figure out a caregiver for you dear, until your of age to care for yourself." He smiles sympathetically. "I did some digging around your family name, in hopes of finding any relatives near who would be willing to care for you.."

I smile at his words feeling suddenly more energized. Excited to hear about my family finally. But my heart sinks at his next words..

"I have good news and bad news.." he says somewhat dreadfully, leading me to believe the bad news likely outweighs the good. I look at the man expectantly.

"The good news is I found relatives.." he begins hesitantly. "I was able to discover your fathers mother, your grandmother so to speak. Marianna Thomas. A full blood witch who had lost contact with your father shortly after he finished school here."

I grip the edge of my chair, hanging on every one of his words with anticipation. He tells me about her and how her husband, my grandfather, who was a muggle had passed away.

"The bad news?" I breathe out my eyes trained on him.

"Well.. she lives in America now." He sighs heavily, "And your mothers parents are both passed. And, not only that, but both your parents were unfortunately only children, leaving you with no aunts or uncles."

I let out a deep breath as I sink back into my chair. Bloody hell I truly am an orphan. Not a single nearby family member but a grandmother I don't even know who lives across the world. Emotions and thoughts swirl around my head as I try to comprehend all of the information as well as try to figure out where the hell I go from here now.