16

"Naya I need your help.." James pleads

"Alright. Fine." I roll my eyes, although he can't see in the dark.

"Yes your the best!" In the dark I can hear the bed creak as he jumps on it in excitement. "Ow shit.."

The rest of us snicker as we hear James fall off the bed and crash land onto the floor of the dorm room.

"All you gotta do is get her out to come see me so I can apologize." James says after we all calm down.

"Yeah yeah. Got it. Now shutup I'm tired." I say with a smirk. I can hear Peter already snoring away.

"Wow ok. rude." James scoffs.

"Love you bitch" I whisper and hear Sirius and Remus chuckle to themselves.

***

"Where are you dragging me and why the hell am I blindfolded. Oh my god. Naya if you don't fucking answer me I'm gonna hex you so bloody hard" Lily mutters as I drag her up the stairs to the astronomy tower where James told me to bring her.

I lead her to the room and throw James a thumbs up before running away to where Sirius, Remus and Peter wait outside the tower.

~

James POV

"Naya what the hell?" Lily whispers, finally realizing the girl left her.

Lily unties the blindfold and lets her eyes adjust to the dim lighting of the tower.

She looks up to the large sign I had charmed to float in the air surrounded by flowers and small candles. Across the sign reads, "I'm sorry :("

Naya told me the sad face looked desperate but I liked it and told her to shut up. Then I got punched.

Lily keeps her eyes trained on all the flowers suspended in the air as she takes a few steps forward.

"Lily listen.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to hurt you or upset you in any way. I was stupid and jealous I guess.." I begin to feel more self conscious of myself.

I have never opened up to many people before aside from my close friends.

Lily finally looks at my face and her own contorts into an expression of concern.

"James.." she steps forward quickly and touches my busted eyebrow and black eye.

Her touch is gentle but it's enough to make me wince at the tenderness of the bruise. I force a small smile at her, relishing in her closeness and the scent of her perfume.

"What happened?" She asks still inspecting my injury.

"I-ah, well, I apologized to Snape. Then offered him to hit me. And surprisingly he actually accepted my offer.." I explain as I awkwardly run my hand along the back of my neck sheepishly.

Lily stares at me with a blank expression on her face. I purse my lips waiting for her to say something.

To my utter surprise a huge smile breaks out across her face and she starts giggling lightly. Definitely not the reaction I was expecting but for sure better than what I was expecting.

"Merlin boys are so dumb.." she laughs as she shakes her head to herself.

She looks up to me with her big green eyes, "I forgive you.. this is" she gestures to the flowers and my poster, "Very sweet James.. thank you."

I smile back at her and breathe out a breath of relief. My smile grows even wider as the red headed witch leans in and kisses me on the cheek.

"Night James." She says as she turns to leave.