Chapter 3

Robyn POV

I walked into the main room and saw not only Shay and Jen, but Ryan the groom sitting on the couch. I did not think Ryan would be here while we discussed wedding details. Shay and Ryan were sitting very close, and Jen sat opposite of them pointing out things in the wedding book. Jen noticed me first, and they all stood to greet me.

“This is Robyn the designer of the wedding dress. Robyn, this is Shay the bride and Ryan the groom”. I shook Ryan’s hand. These people were even more beautiful close up. Her ombre hair was perfectly straight, and her skin glowed. Ryan definitely deserved his name as “The Cute One” in the OVO crew.

“Wow you are beautiful”, Shay said as she gave me a hug. “I’m happy to finally be able to meet the women who designed my gorgeous wedding dress. I knew from the moment Jen showed me the design that I had to wear that gown down the aisle”.

“Let me leave before you girls start more wedding talk”, Ryan interrupted before I could thank his fiancee.“It really doesn’t matter what you wear. I’m only going to be thinking about what under the dress anyway..” Ryan said with a flirty smile, and winked at Shay. She blushed then threw one of the decorative coach pillows at him. “Where are my boys at”, Ryan asked Jen.

“The entire OVO crew checked in this afternoon. Drakes suite is right next door, and the others are scattered throughout the hotel. Their room numbers are on this list,” Jen handed Ryan a note pad with names and hotel rooms on it.

“Thank you Jen Jen, i’m going to fuck with Drake until the rehearsal dinner. I’ll see you ladies later”, Ryan walked out the main room, and a few seconds later I heard the suite door open and close.

“Time to get down to business ladies”, Jen announced as she pulled out that book I saw her holding before. Around forty minutes later we had gone through the entire book, and finished detailing the wedding.

“Okay so the flowers are set to be delivered on time, as well as the seating. Honestly everything is going as planned, despite the wedding being moved up”.

“Perfect”, Shay said I could see her visibly relax. I took this moment to ask a question that has been on my mind since Jen called me a week ago. “Why did you move your wedding date up?” She smiled and simply said,“I’m ready to say he is mine”. Her answer melted my heart and I wondered would I ever find someone I loved that much.

“Its time to head down to the dinning room for the rehearsal dinner Shay. Ryan just texted me saying he is there already and the other guest are arriving”. Jen said, as she grabbed her book and the dinner guest list. ‘Robyn, ill see you bright and early tomorrow for the fitting”.

“Okay girl. Again it was so nice meeting you Shay. Have a fun at the dinner”, I hugged them both and headed for my room. I could already taste the glass of wine I would soon be pouring. Since becoming a single mom, I couldn’t even remember the last time I had a night off. Tomorrow will be a long hard day and I deserve a relaxing night before the madness.

Robyn POV

My relaxing night is over before it can begin. I’m sitting in the humongous bath tub, with bubbles and drinking a glass of wine when my phone rings. I can barely hear it with Jay’z The Black Album cd playing in the background. I roll my eyes, but reach for it and press answer.

“Hello” I say with slight irritation

“Robyn, we have a problem. Drake is missing from the rehearsal and I need you to check on him. No one is answering their phone. He is the best man and he needs to be at this dinner” Jen said worried.

“Sure, what’s his room number”

“It is the other suite on the top floor next to Shay’s and Ryan’s”