Engagement.

Although Harry was a pretty confident lad, his heart thumped terribly in his chest, sending sweat to the tips of his fingers and his breathing heavy.

Soon the day would come when Draco would no longer be a Malfoy, but a Potter

If he said yes he'd have to choice to change his last name or not, Harry had hoped he would stay a Malfoy but become Malfoy-Potter instead.
— —
Pacing around the kitchen, Harry ran a firm hand through his hair. He was dressed in a suit with an emerald tie and shiny shoes. The small box placed in the pocket of his blazer.

He was slightly muttering what he was going to say to Narcissa. He knew she'd be fine with it but it only seemed logical to Harry since Lucius was no longer with them.

Narcissa was a lovely women, sweet and had the most warming hugs. She even played with Harry's hair while his head was rested in her lap in front of the fire until he fell asleep. She accepted Harry into the family very fast, seeing how happy her son and Harry had been over the past 5 years.

The death of Lucius took a huge chunk of happiness from them all. Narcissa had spent days locked away crying and refusing meals; She became increasingly skinny during this period of time.

Draco had tried his best to forget it but it seemed to dig at him and he had eventually broke, he visited his grave almost everyday and helped his mother to eat. Harry also missed him dearly, he missed his stupid music and his failure to cook with muggle tools. He was a good man, he gave almost equally warm embraces to Narcissa and he would listen to any of your problems, giving back great advice.

'Come on, come on. You can do this Harry. she loves you! So does Draco. You'll be fine' Harry let out a shaky breath and stopped pacing. He walked over to the fire place, grabbing the powder from the small pot on top of the fire. He took a good amount in his hand and threw it into the fire yelling "Malfoy Manor"

He had already sent Narcissa an owl telling her he'd be there soon. Draco was at work which meant he would have at least an hour before he came to the manor to visit.
— —
Once he appeared in the living room he walked out towards the dark kitchen, knocking softly and opening the door slightly. He spotted Narcissa sat at the oak table, tea in hand with a letter sprawled in front of her.

With a quiet shuffle of his feet he was greeted with a toothy smile.
'Hello dear, you look nice today' She said and Harry walked up to her embracing her in a tight hug
'Thank you. Seems like forever since I've seen you Narcissa' Harry chuckled letting go and taking a seat next to her 'I've come to talk about something important'
He reached into his blazer pocket and pulled out the little black velvet box.

'So, as Lucius is no longer with us-' Harry noticed Narcissa give an unsettled wince '-I feel as if I need to ask you' Narcissa had put her tea on the table now and fixed her eyes on Harry.

'As you know, Draco and I have been together for nearly 6 years, since we were fifteen. It's crazy really, your son means so much to me and I want to spend the rest of my life with him' Harry had slightly heated up and his eyes watered. His brain was filled with so much.

'You don't need to ask my permission sweetheart, although I would love to help plan it !' Narcissa had a bright smile on her face and her eyes sparkled 'can I see the ring?' Harry laughed and opened the small box. Inside it sat the most gorgeous silver ring with jade and antler wrapped around. It glistened in the light.

'Harry, this is gorgeous'
'I know' Harry answered with a smug smile 'I thought it would suit him, I'm taking him out tonight and that's when I'm gonna do it'

Narcissa couldn't help but raise her hands to her mouth, standing up and hugging Harry from behind. 'I knew you two would somehow make it work, I could tell. I was so scared during the war, I thought we lost you' She had now put on the kettle in a sort of awkward way, with shaky hands 'it was so easy to tell Draco was in love with you. He did the same things Lucius did. He threw out subtle hints everywhere util eventually I got it and asked him out. He seemed too scared to' She laughed and finished pouring another cup of tea and placed it in front of Harry.

'It's a shame he won't be at the wedding. I miss him' said Harry. He wasn't ashamed to say how much he loved and missed Draco's father. He had really helped him and pushed him to do more and Harry wasn't lying when he said he missed him.

'Me and you both dear, 3 years...3 years ago and I lost the love of my life'
'I couldn't even begin to imagine what you went through Narcissa, it was an awful time for all of us' Harry was slowly sipping his tea, too interested in speaking to drink it faster 'I'm so glad you're part of the family Harry, it means everything. You truly helped both Draco and I during the times needed'
'Well I needed to, I wasn't going to let my soon to be Mother-in-Law and Husband fall to pieces'

She gave Harry a watery smile and went back to sitting down just as Harry stood up 'Draco's probably going to be here soon, I'm going to head back home. Tell him to dress nicely for dinner and be their by 6:30pm'

'OK, well it was lovely seeing you dear. Do come by again soon' She said getting up and giving Harry another long, warm embrace 'I definitely will' He said as she let him go and headed towards to door 'good bye' they both said, smiling and he left. Heading back to his own house.