Chapter Two

Soon, Ryou was finished with school. He came home, not expecting his father to be at home. This was his life. Wake up in the morning, eat, do good in school, go home, study, eat, and sleep.

Ryou almost never experienced the emotion 'happiness.' It was rare for him. He felt 'unneeded' in this world. With his mother and sister dead from a car accident, and his father never by his side to give him affection that a child needed.

He truly felt alone. With no one by his side all the time. He felt so empty inside, there was absolutely almost nothing to fill in that void of emptiness inside him.

He always wondered if his existence even mattered in one point. He always felt like a disappointment, less than nothing. Ryou was already done eating his dinner, he then layed on his couch, pulling out a book and reading it.

He did feel the emotion happiness at one lifetime. He was a young child, when his mother and sister were still alive. And when his father cared for him and gave him affection.

But after his mother and sister died, and his father so focused in his job, everything changed. He became lonely and empty inside.

Soon enough, he had got used to the feeling 'loneliness.' He wanted to feel the emotion 'happiness' once again, but he knew inside it would never happen. He had began lose hope in his life.

He tried to stay happy many times, but that feeling was invalid to him. No matter what he did, he couldn't feel the emotion happiness again. Oh, he would give anything just to feel again.

Just to fill the void of emptiness in his heart.

                                 ✝

It was the next day. The sun shining bright in the morning as usual. Ryou woken up again as usual. Yawning and stretching.

He got ready in school and started walking to school casually. He checked his schedule and went to his locker. He got the books he needed for his next classes.

He started directly walking to his homeroom. He usually went to his classes early, he didn't have any friends to keep him company anyways.

Soon enough the bell rang and class had started. The teacher began to instruct her students in their assigned seats.

Soon enough, homeroom was over. Like homeroom, Ryou's other classes, everyone was in their assigned seats teacher where their teacher placed them.

His classes were eventually over. After that, he headed towards his locker. Suddenly, an arm had slammed him against a locker. It was a boy with the almost the same haircut as him except that the top part of his hair was slightly pointed up.

Ryou trembled from the physical pain he had just experienced. The boy smirked at him. Ryou tried to speak, but he was filled with too much fear inside of himself.

"What's wrong, hm?" The boy said still with a smirk on his face.

Ryou still couldn't talk from the sudden attack he received. "I see, too scared to speak?" The boy had grabbed his throat with his other hand and started choking Ryou.

Ryou started to gag. "P-Please.... stop..." He begged.

The boy loosened his grip on his throat. He laughed maliciously. "Fine, I will let you go for now. But don't forget me Ryou, because this isn't the only time we will have an encounter. And if you wondered, my name is Bakura." He said as he released Ryou from his grasp.

Ryou started to cough and was breathing heavily from his lack of oxygen. "B-Bakura..." He said weakly.

Bakura turned his head towards him. "What is it you pathetic being?" He said harshly.

"Why me.....?" Ryou asked weakly trying to maintain his breath.

Bakura scoffed. "Isn't it obvious? Look at you, you look so pathetic right now. Even in class, you look pathetic." He said.

Bakura left Ryou to bear the pain he caused. It was too much for Ryou to contain, from all the emotional pain he had felt all his life, it was just too much.

A tear began to stream down his cheek. He felt absolutely worthless.