Chapter 4- The Kiss

Chapter 4- The Kiss

Naya's P.O.V.:

We walked out of the bar and I notice Heather was tripping over her feet, she was definitely wasted, I was drunk for sure, but she was almost to wasted to function. So I pulled her arm over and around my neck, then wrapped my arm around her waist, that way she wouldn't face plant into the concrete. I really don't know how we were gonna get home. I could call a cab, but I don't know where she lives, and I doubt she knows where she lives right now. I could take her to my house, but I don't think Taylor would respond well to that. I could call him and ask what their address is. 

"Do you know what your address is Hemo?" I ask as she tries to keep walking.

"Awwwee. Yay. You're calling me Hemo again." 

"Heather do you know what your address is?" 

"Oh now you're going to call me Heather, well alrighty then Mrs.Uptight." Well it looks like I won't be getting an answer out of her anytime soon. We walk up to my car and I open the passenger seat door. 

"Hemo I need you to sit here for a moment, okay?" I say as I try to sit her down on the seat. 

"Where are you going to go? Don't leave me." 

"I won't ever leave you, I just need to make a phone call. Can I use your phone?" 

"You won't ever leave me? Okay I'm sticking you to that promise." She hands me her phone and I look for Taylor's contact, I find it and call it.

Taylor: Hey

Naya: Hi, this is Heather's friend, and she lied to you about not being drunk, she's wasted. Anyways I was just wondering what your address was so that I can get her home safely.

Taylor: I kinda figured she was, she sounded like it. Are you drunk?

Naya: Yes but I was gonna call a cab so we could get home safely.

Taylor: Okay well I'll just call Uber, and we have a spare bedroom here that you can crash in, so I know you'll be safe for the night too.

Naya: Are you sure? I wouldn't want to be a bother.

Taylor: It's no worries, really. I'll call Uber now and have them pick you up. Where are you? 

Naya: In front of the Coffee Bean.

Taylor: Alright I'll have them pick you up.

Naya: Cool thanks. Bye

Taylor: No problem. Bye 

Well now I know why she was head over heels for him, he's like the nicest dude ever. "So Taylor is sending an Uber to pick us up, and he's letting me crash at your place for tonight if you don't mind." She jumped out of the car and came flying toward me, then I feel her clashing into me giving me the biggest bear hug ever. I hug her back not knowing what else to do. It was a relief to hug her, it felt like nothing ever changed from four years ago. "What's this for?" 

"I just felt like we needed that, for each other." She was right, we did need this hug. 

"Okay well I want you to sit in my car so you don't get hurt." I say trying to get her to walk over to my car. 

"Why?"

"Because I care about you and I don't like to see you hurt in any way."

"Okaaaaay." She says with a wide smile. She sits in the passenger seat. 

"How're you feelin-" Before I could finish she has just puked all over the sidewalk. I couldn't help it, I started laughing,then she started laughing. "Well I guess that answers my question." 

"Oh my god, I can't believe I just did that!" She said with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. 

"Hey it's fine. Really. I've seen you puke before because this isn't the first time you've been drunk with me." I say so she doesn't feel as embarrassed. "Scoot over to the drivers side so you don't step in it when you get out." She scoots over and I walk to the other side and open the door. When she takes a step out, she falls onto me, due to her drunkenness. "Woah, hey there."  She hugs me. Tight. I'm taken aback by her sudden actions. 

"I love you." 

"You're drunk." I love you too Heather. She let's go and we lean against the car. 

"So are you."

"Yeah, but you're wasted." Shit what if she means it? Like more than a friend 'I love you'. 

"Ugh! When is that stupid Uber getting here?" 

"I don't know. It's been 20 minutes since I called your boyfriend." Maybe that'll get her thinking straight.

"He's such a buzzkill, we could've made it home by ourselves."

"Yes but he's making sure that we get home safe, Hemo." 

"Whatever, I really don't want to go home tonight, I want it to last forever." Oh god please don't. 

"Why?" Was that too obvious?

"Because you're awesome. I always have a good time with you. I never get bored. Like I could spend forever with you. And when I'm with you the feeling of the hole in my life goes away." Seriously Heather? Why are you doing this to me? She grabs my hand, and pulls me in front of her. 

"Heather don't. We can't do this." But I really want to. I do.

"Why not?" Oh jesus.

"Because you have a boyfriend who is waiting for an answer to his proposal." She pulls me closer, our bodies barely touching, faces centimeters apart. 

"I don't see him. Plus it's only friends talking with their tongues really close." We giggle at the line from Glee. "Plus why is it different now, when I was dating him four years ago and we did it then?" She has a point.

"I don't know." She closes the space between us. It's amazing. I deepen the kiss. Suddenly I feel like nothing matters, nothing is wrong. Everything just disappears. She pulls me closer, her whole body under me, she moves her hands up from my thigh up to the bottom of my shirt. I know what she wants, but we can't. Not here. "Heather." I say breaking the kiss. "Don't. Not here. We could get caught." She drops her hands away from me, I step back, but she grabs both my wrist and pulls me forward and whispers in my ear.

"We're not done." Then she pecks me on the lips and pushes me back. I'm literally speechless, and all I could function to do was to nod.