Chapter 10: "Karrot & Karats"

"And, and, and. He like fell on me, and our boobies were touching and I was about to die. And did I mention he was super cute and both our faces was red and I want to marry him like OMO. Lemme have your children pleeeeeeease, and holy shia la beouf I cannot right now. And like we were getting off at the same stop so we kinda exchanged phone numbers when we got off the bus and we just awkwardly turned away from each other but it was so cute and he's so hot and ooooooohhhhhhhh ma goodneeeeeesss. I need a therapist, HELP!" I sighed up toward the ceiling after I rambled on about the utterly stunning Sasaki Haise. Karrot being the tea fanatic that he was, decided to brew up a batch for us while I was talking, listening to my irrational words and sighs of who knows what. 

"You do realize that you're probably never going to see that guy ever again right?" He looked over his shoulder towards me.

"Well, you do realize that I just met the love of my life and he's going to be the father of my babies right?" I retorted. "God, you should've seen his ass. Like two fucking giant apples, goddamn, I just wanted to tou-"

"Stop right there." A dust of pink appeared over his cheeks. "I don't need or want to hear this. Also, you don't even know the guy! For all you know, he might a murderous guy with tentacle fetishes and d.i.d"

"What's it to you, is you jealous, K~~~?" I snickered behind my hands. 

"Unless you want to have 3rd degree burns caused by tea, you're gonna be sucking whatever you just said back up your face and never say it again."

"Okokok, fine. Where's your halmeoni by the way? I want jjigaaaaaee!" I exclaimed like an excited little kid. 

"Oh she went out. She wanted to go to that new pot shop that opened up outside of Gangnam.  Apparently the smell of pot there is famous or something like that." He explained. 

I sat there confused. Why would such a sweet old lady be buying pot? It could kill her and then I'll never get to eat her kimchi jjigae. NOOOOOO, I NEED TO GO SAVE HER! I almost got up to follow K's grandma to the pot shop. I don't care if I don't know where the pot shop is, the smell shall lead me to her! 

Just as I tried to get up, Karrot's large palm held me down, keeping me glued to the wooden chair that I was sitting on. "You must be high on Haise if you really think my 88 year old halmeoni went out just to get a whiff of marijuana around the block. Did you forget that it's illegal here?" He shook his head at me, wiggling his finger. Better put that finger down, boy, or else someone's gonna end up like salad fingers, we don't want that happening now do we? 

 "Of course, I didn't. What makes your dumb ass think that I would forget something like that?" I tried to act as innocent as I could. As someone who is highly trained in the "I can't remember anything" department, I require special help and attention.  

"My dumb ass thinks that you need special help." He replied, sipping on his tea. "Maybe some attention to that weird brain of yours too." Isn't that exactly what I said in my head like two seconds ago? Is he physic? Come to think of it, Haise called me a cute little lily flower right after I was thinking about that too... am I a physic? I don't know if people can read we that  well or if I'm the only human on this planet who somehow didn't seem to get telepathic genes. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Maybe I just say whatever I'm thinking out loud and don't notice. Nah, that's not possible. I'm probably just wack. 

"It doesn't matter how much help I need, either ways we still have an assignment to get done and a city to explore. So what are you up for, assignment or... arcade?" I started gulping down my tea, anxiously waiting for an answer. 

"Why do you even ask?" He poked the side of my tummy, causing me to jut away as a reflex. Then K simply grins. "Arcade over assignment, any day."