I Wish I Wasn't Dead

Dixie's POV

Lately I've been regretting being dead. So many things have happened to me that I probably wouldn't have understood if someone else was telling me that. I made a lot of dumb life decisions also death decisions. I lost my best friend recently over a dumb guy and I feel really lost without her. Literally, I had to run away from some type of animals that could stand on their hind legs and could process information, also they were henchmen. Life just sucks. At the same time being dead sucks too. I seriously regret running away from my dad, I miss him. He was just concerned about me and wanted the best for me. I just couldn't understand since the people at school had me at an all time low. I really regret making him feel alone. Looking up to the dark purple sky gave me the time to think about everything happening around me. What happened was when I heard the howl I started running. I ran in the opposite direction from the howl, of course. That's when I came upon the cliff, the howls were getting closer and closer. It was either a small chance of survival or the chance to live and be tortured then possibly die again and let this world fall to chaos, also never return. Obviously, I wanted to be tortured instead but in the heat of the moment I jumped. When I was falling it felt like the world had stopped. I remember wondering what my old friends were doing at the school, how was my dad doing, or if my mom caught news of what happened to me. I remember feeling my heart hit with a wave of sadness because of the regret I felt in my heart. A lot of people wish they were dead because their life sucks, I mean I did the same. But, in reality, you start to miss the small things in life that could bring you joy, because when you get what you want like death, there are no refunds. That's the main lesson I learned on this journey. After falling and finally after what seemed like forever, I hit the ground. The impact of the ground seemed to make parts of my body detach form my torso, like a zombie's parts would. Being dead was insane, it felt the bad type of adventure. I missed sleeping at home just worrying about school and social life. Now I'm here, lying in some valley, worrying if I will die forever and not be able to return home. That stress is seriously horrible, way worse than worrying about my social life and school. I wish I wasn't dead.