chapter 01.

( CHAPTER 1 )❛  the android and   the andersons  ❜

( CHAPTER 1 )
  the android and
the andersons 

_____

          NO ONE EVER believed at first that Elena Anderson and Hank Anderson were related; the only things they shared in common were their last names and detective minds. Elena took after her mother in looks and personality, but many people told her she had her fathers eyes, despite their difference in colour. Once stood side by side you could tell they were related, but not many people got to see them standing near each other, even if they worked at the same police station.

Elena sat deep in thought about her father as she drove down the rainy streets of Detroit, the place she was born and the place she was still living 23 years later.

Elena let out a sigh as she heightened the speed of her windshield wipers; she swore it wasn't supposed to rain tonight, but when were the weather reporters ever 100% correct?

She knew she had arrived at the scene with the flashing of lights coming from down the street. As she parked her car on the side of the road, Elena pulled down her car mirror, getting a good look at herself. It was quite late, almost midnight, and to top it all off she received just an hour ago a call from her boss telling her she was forced to work with her father on the Deviant cases, and had to head down to the situation now.

She knew there was no reason to try and change his mind, so she reluctantly obliged, and got out of her cozy bed to deal with these strange android cases. She wasn't sure if her father even knew she's be joining him, yet he probably wouldn't mind; it was mostly Elena not contacting him a lot of the time, since that's exactly what he did when the accident happened that tore them apart.

But now she had hope that this case would mend things a little more, even if she didn't want to.

Elena searched the mirror, glancing at her chocolate brown untamed bed hair (she wasn't exactly sleeping, only reading in bed) before tying it up into a ponytail. She didn't have time to cover the bags under her eyes before she could leave, she did look pretty tired. Yet she plastered a smile on her face, stretching the corners of her mouth before blowing out a gust of air, rolling her shoulders back and getting out of the car.

Meanwhile, Hank was speaking to one of his co-workers about his new android "partner" before they heard her car pull up. He recognized it immediately, being a bright blue, tiny car, just perfect for her size and wage.

"Shit...why's Elena here?" Hank grumbled, even if he was a little happier now that he didn't have to deal with the android alone.