chapter 13.

( CHAPTER 13 )❛  last man standing  ❜

( CHAPTER 13 )
last man standing

_____

     SOMEHOW CYBERLIFE WAS much scarier to walk through than any other crime scene Elena had been to. She knew they wouldn't allow her in the front, so after finding a map of the general layout online, Elena was able to sneak into a small warehouse in the back, made for shipping trucks and such.

Elena had somehow made it inside, but she had to find her way to the room that stored the androids. She crept through hallways, hiding behind walls if she heard employees walk by, checking rooms to find her destination.

The brunette cursed to herself once she found herself lost in a nearly empty room, full of old desks, boxes, android components, all abandoned and eerie. The dark room was only lit by the outside hallway light casting through the exits on either sides of the room.

A shadow appeared at the exit she was walking towards. Her heart leaped from her chest, but once the figure came from the shadows and into the light, she let out a long sigh.

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me Connor, what are you..." Elena trailed off, stopping herself from walking towards him once she surveyed his face. He was back in his CyberLife uniform, which was to be expected, but his face was blank, besides the dark glare that cast upon his eyes.

Elena's shoulders dropped as she began stepping backwards, ever so slowly. "What did they do with you?"

He was erased. They caught him. He doesn't remember me.

Her heart nearly shattered before he spoke up with a grim smirk. "Your Connor is heading inside right this moment. I, for one, am entirely different. Now, you will come with me, and nobody will get hurt."

Elena grit her teeth, giving a small fake nod. She stepped towards him, once getting close enough jabbing him in the jaw with her elbow, sending him back a few steps.

Elena spun on her heel, trying to make it to the other doorway before she shrieked at the feeling of him grasping her arm, tighter than the real Connor normally would.

She was slammed to the wall, grunting in pain at the sudden pain radiating behind her skull. His arm was pushed up against her chest, keeping her locked onto the wall, eyes scanning her darkly.

As dark as an android without an ounce of empathy inside him.

Her knee jammed into his stomach, making him loosen his grip on her, swinging her fist towards his face. She couldn't look him in the eyes because of how similar he looked to the real Connor, knowing it hurt her inside when she hurt this lookalike. This android was much faster and stronger than herself, as he blocked her punch with his arm, grabbing both her wrists, twisting her body around and pushing her back against the wall, Elena unable to move at all.