chapter 14.

( CHAPTER 14 )❛  reunited  ❜

( CHAPTER 14 )
  reunited 

_____

     CONNOR WAS GLAD he was an android in that moment, because a human's stamina and strength wouldn't have been able to do what he was doing.

Sprinting down sidewalks and roads, mainly abandoned from the citizens who evacuated or stayed home due to the curfew and deviant uprising, Connor tightly held Elena in his arms, running as fast as he could to the hospital. He automatically calculated the distance to the closest one, and didn't even stop for a second.

Gone were the tears from the cold, he was left with a shivering Elena in his arms, half unconscious from the blood loss.

Finally the hospital came up ahead, still in working order since the doctors of Detroit weren't going to get a break in this revolution.

Connor burst through the door back first, a bleeding Elena in his arms. The nurses and other patients gasped, all turning to the disheveled android. No matter the curfew, no matter the fact that he could be deviant, they knew the woman in his arms was human.

"She's been shot, please, you have to save her!" Connor called out, as a few nurses quickly ran out, helping her to be put onto a bed, being wheeled towards a surgery room. Connor walked right along with them, dried blood on both their hands, as he kept a soft grip around them.

Elena's eyes fluttered open, letting out a few cries in pain. Connor's insides flipped at the noise; he hated seeing her hurt.

"Connor," she whimpered, still being pulled down the hallways.

"I'm here, you're going to be fine," Connor assured, brushing the hair on her forehead back, caressing her head lightly.

Her bottom lip trembled as her heart rate began picking up. "It hurts." Even after being a detective for so long, Elena hadn't ever been shot before; this was new to her.

"I know, it'll be over soon," Connor cooed, his voice nearly breaking near the end.

"You're going to have to leave, only employees beyond this point," the nurse said as they neared two large doors.

Connor nodded reluctantly, as Elena soon began to flutter back into an unconscious state. He whispered an apology, slowing his pace, his hand soon letting hers go as he watched her disappear beyond the large doors.

As much as he wanted to stay here, he had to lead the android army to Markus, avoiding anyone calling in security for an android on the loose, as they were all being taken away. And then all he had to do was wait.

_____

Bright lights illuminated her vision. The world blurred around her, pounding a headache in her skull.