2

Although it was clear that it will be shit, and Jethro Gibbs knew that Fornell didn't say albeit only half of all truth, but Gibbs couldn't bear the thought that he didn't help the boy, did nothing for him, and therefore he finally answered: "Yes". YES.

He adopted the boy, who has a dark past, about which he knows barely a fraction. He adopted someone, who will have psychological problems. He adopted someone, who is on it as badly as he, maybe even worse. He adopted someone who will have a lot of problems. That is, what he thought, but he couldn't be more wrong.

When its agreement on adoption Fornell said, wanted to arrange the papers and come to the boy, he was told that everything is already finished, and the boy himself arrives to his home. That wasn't under the normal procedure, actually arguably illegal, but who would therefore have to sue, FBI? Moreover what was in Alexander's case according to the rules or the normal procedure?

And so it was Sunday, and Gibbs was working on his boat when he heard the doorbell. He left his job and went to the door, opened it, and when he did, two serious, cold and sad eyes x-rayed him from head to down. Behind the door was a blond boy who looked very much like the one in the photo, what was in Fornell's folder, but yet different. This boy wasn't smiling, he was a little older and over his right temple, to his ear and up to half his neck stretched long thick and evil-looking scar. He wore old hooded sweatshirt and jeans, Nike sneakers on his feet, and he holding a black military bag. Other luggage he didn't have.

"Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs?" he asked without expression.

"Yes, and you must be Alexander John Rider," Gibbs nodded.

"Gibbs, Alexander John Rider Gibbs, you adopted me, sir," Alex corrected his new father "but yes, I am, please, call me Alex," he finally confirmed. Gibbs shuddered slightly. At that statement was something eerily familiar and at the same time chilly. Maybe it was by salutation "sir." Who teens address elders by "sir", who speak to the elders with respectfully? Who besides soldiers, this salutation still using it? It too much reminded him his work. That was probably it. The boy talked to him not as father and son, not as a friend, or a boy with an adult, he was speaking tone and using the words as if he were one of his agents.

"You don't have to call me sir, it is enough dad, Jethro or Gibbs, whatever you want," he tried to smile, but he had to admit that although he was old Marine, the big boss, he was pretty nervous. He would never believe that, he could be embarrassed by child.

"I'm sorry, I thought it wouldn't be wrong, if I will be respectful," Alex said.

"Rule six, never apologize, it's a sign of weakness," Gibbs growled automatically. Almost he didn't even realize, that he said it. Alex was not aware of his rules, so Gibbs didn't expect that he will answer, so he was more surprised when the boy smirked and whispered: "Let the enemies think that you are weak, and then they make a fatal mistake."

Gibbs blinked in surprise. "You have your own codex?"

"No... not really, I'm more of a king of improvisation and chaos, like every teenager," Alex replied with mischievous grin. Maybe, maybe in the end it will be OK. Gibbs thought and let the young man go into the house.