4

The following week was difficult for Gibbs in work. As he promised, he didn't look for the German mercenary, which evoked questions, and his team had angry at him. His answer: "There are no clues, so what can we do?" It understandably wasn't enough. Of course, he was the one, who taught them, that there are always some clues, they just have to look for. They thought, that he wants to sweep it under the rug for some hideous reason, which they obviously didn't like. The only one, who saw through him, was Ducky.

"Jethro, what have you done?" he asked without preamble, when one day they found themselves alone.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he tried to play of an innocent.

"I've known you for a long time. I know that, you will never let go the guy, who attacked your team member just because you don't have no clues. So what actually is your plan?" Ducky said.

"Ducky, old friend, I know who is he. Assassin, a dangerous assassin linked with SCORPIA," Gibbs shook his head.

"SCORPIA!" Ducky paled. "You think with the organization? Jethro, this is..."

"Yeah I know," Gibbs murmured.

"It didn't discourage you, isn't it?! What did you do?" Doctor repeated his question again, but this time with greater emphasis.

"I sent the coyote to someone, who eats coyotes to snack," Gibbs replied quietly.

Ducky frowned. "You let killer to punish another killer?!"

"I hope not. Not quite," Gibbs admitted.¨

"You believe him?!" Ducky was surprised and horrified at the same time. However, Gibbs was in no mood to explain to him who is killer-spy-minor-his son, especially when Ducky and the rest of the team didn't even know, that he adopted someone.

"I would like, Ducky, I would like." The pathologist nodded and then he didn't ask for more information.

A few days later came an anonymous message, which invited NCIS agents to the nearby warehouse. Gibbs team thought that it was a trap, but their boss had suspect, that isn't trap, and he was right.

"So you see, I didn't know, Ziva, that today you have birthday," DiNozzo quipped, for what he deserved a well-aimed slap. However, he didn't know, how much he was close to the truth, but only that it wasn't a gift for Ziva, but for Gibbs.

Although it didn't seem a probable, life with Alex has since the time become much more bearable. Not, that would not bother Gibbs, that his son is ex-killer, ex-spy, apparently higher agent in retired, but now he knew who Alex is and so it was much easier understand him. When he look on Alex as on agent, not as on boy, he discovered that he appreciates the boy and it was so easy to came for him, ask him for help with a difficult case, because Alex wasn't a child, he was adults in a child's body! He hated the thought. Thought about what the kid had to experience to grow that fast, but could do nothing, just give him friendship and support colleagues, friendship, and be a father of an adult child. And so the days, weeks, months passed and Alex sometimes at home occasionally consulted with the cases, which Gibbs had. He looked at photos of the crime scene, victims, suspects, said his valuable opinion, and here and there on the edge mentioned his black past in MI6, or his family. The more Gibbs knew, the more he hated heads of the intelligence services, the more he had to admire the boy, accept him as a colleague, not as teenage.