5

Ziva, DiNozzo and McGee stood in front of the screen at NCIS headquarters and they teased each other.

"Gibbs today will have a great day," DiNozzo said confidently.

"I think so too, but not because of you," Ziva grinned.

"I also have something," McGee said more modestly than his two colleagues.

"You Probie, you have something, well wow, that's novelty in itself, and isn't it like the last time Internet duck?" DiNozzo teased him and remembered the last case when a young agent made a stupid mistake. McGee flushed.

"It wasn't quite just my fault," he protested indignantly.

"No, and whose then?" DiNozzo raised his eyebrow.

"This time I got it from a reliable source!" his colleague squeaked.

"I thought, that then it was also a reliable source," DiNozzo teased him, whereby he deserved well-aimed slap to the back of his head.

"Rule number 72 never mock and bully your partner. You never know, when he will take revenge for it. And now what do you have?!" said a voice behind the older agent.

"Au, Gibbs, I..." Dinozzo didn't finish the sentence because he turned and saw that the person, who had hit him and had shouted at him, isn't his boss, but some kid. He could be an old at the most sixteen, seventeen. He had short blond hair, spliced like their boss, hard facial features, athletic body, jeans and T-shirt - loose clothing, a scar stretching from temple until mid-neck and serious sad eyes, which they really didn't fit to him. He stood more or less casually and he was clutching a cup of tea, but still in it was some tension, as if he was still expecting, that he will be attacked. Dinozzo wasn't the only one, who was surprised enough that he lost his tongue. The rest of those present weren't on that much better. Ziva is woke up as first.

"How you got here, boy?" She growled menacingly.

"I know, that you will be probably pretty surprised, but by the door," he replied sarcastically.

"And now what you have?" He repeated the question with such a similar tone as Gibbs.

"I'm sorry kid, but by law I have forbidden to disclose key information about the investigation to civilians. Now answer to my colleague for her question and politely!" DiNozzo saidwith great emphasis on last word.

"I don't have to answer any questions. No, by law you have to answer to me as to higher agent," the boy said.

"Higher agent, as what?" McGee asked. However, before their uninvited guest could drain from the mouth of another snide remark, to the foursome came the "big boss", who was by the presence of that boy probably just as surprised as his three subordinates, but for completely different reason.

"Alex!" he blurted. "What are you doing here?"

"Gibbs, you know that kid?!" Ziva wondered. However, boy with boss ignored her.

"I thought that I visit you in your job to know your subordinates and friends in person, and I've got a letter for you from Byrns," Alex shrugged his shoulders.

"From Byrns, he is the head of the CIA, isn't he?!" McGee's eyes widened.

"This came to their headquarters, about two hours ago," Alex continued and he handed to the Gibbs a small box from his pocket. Gibbs took it from the boy. "It's addressed to you, but given the circumstances and the fact that the sender is not listed, and instead there is a symbol of a triangle and cross, I would waited for the opening. It could be a trap, an assassination attempt. I wouldn't open it until, it pass a thorough analysis. Abby could help."

Dinozzo shivered. He remembered his experience with the Black Plague. Before that, such a thing wouldn't come to his mind, and now he saw a child who wasn't only considering in this way, but allowed it as if it were routine and normal.

"Thanks, Alex, I look at it," their boss nodded.

"Ok, you can right now, I'll take care of the case," Alex offered to Gibbs and his adoptive father gave him a sad and anxious look.

"Are you sure?" Gibbs wanted to know.

"Yeah," Alex reassured him serenely.

"Okay, so thanks again," Gibbs smiled at Alex and patted him on the back.

"Well, Alex, try to not kill anyone, and you three listen my son, as if he was me," he screamed and headed down for their forensic analyst.

"We have to obey orders from this child! You can't be serious, it is illegal!" Dinozzo couldn't believe it.

Ziva expressed interest of another matter. "Son?! Son! This scary kid is your son? What, how?"

Mecgee was staring blankly first at Gibbs, and then, when he disappeared behind the closed doors of the lift, fixed his gaze on Alex. On his face was directly see, how in his head the wheels are turning. However, what he trying to understand it was pretty crazy.

"Yes, I will lead this investigation, yes, I have permission to it, and yes, I am Gibbs' son. Gibbs adopted me about a year ago and he didn't know, that he actually adopted one of the top agents of MI6 and the CIA in retired. When he found out it... it took a while before than we have become accustomed and your boss regained confidence to me again, but I think that Klaus quite helped. So now when we explained everything, we could finally pursue the investigation of the case?" Alex smiled.