Chapter 2 - First Party Of Senior Year

"Hey Cole, could you pick me up from my house to drop Vanessa, Adrianna, and I to Carson's house?" Stephanie says in a seductive voice. Trying desperately to woo the teenage boy.

"Sure I'll pick you guys up at seven. Remember, don't keep me waiting." He winks then heads over where Carson is.

"You having fun with Stephanie on your tail?" Carson starts to chuckle to himself.

Cole's face starts to drop and looks at Carson's body language. He notices that Carson is happier than usual. He's wearing a new black shirt that makes his eyes pop and jeans that are a couple days old. "Who's the girl you're trying to impress?" Cole notices the question in his eyes and starts to smell the mint in his cologne.

"Yeah right. Like there would be a girl I'm interested in." Carson rubbed the back of his neck and avoided eye contact for a small moment. The lies just keep coming. Cole wondered why he desperately wanted to keep his interest a secret. What was the point?

"Don't lie. Just give up and tell me I'm right."

Carson cracked. "Fine," he groaned.

"You still haven't answered my question. Who's the girl?" Cole insisted on asking.

"Can't tell you. I really can't."

Cole thought, 'must be someone that might ruin his reputation. It's gotta be serious and not some random hookup, since he's not that type of guy. Why else would he keep it a secret?'

"She's going to be at the party, right?"

Carson sighed heavily, "Can't tell you."

A couple minutes of comfortable passive silence passes by, "Who are those three girls that you talked to yesterday? The girls in science class." Cole stood in a confident position, sitting up straight and putting his hands behind his head, while his fingers interlaced with one another.

Carson's face rose to curiosity as he'd never seen him asking about a specific girl in particular, nevertheless three girls. Cole's eyes shimmered as he waited for an answer, "Why are you asking?" Carson teases.

"They don't seem afraid of Stephanie. They don't bother to fawn over you and I. They aren't intimated by us, the Populars." His tone seems to dial down.

"And?"

"I want to talk to them. They seem like fun people to hang out with," Cole admitted.

"Then you'd better find their names quickly because I'm not helping you, bud." A smirk forms on Carson's lips.

"What?— Wait you're not helping me?" Carson leaves turning his back faced to Cole. He then waved goodbye not turning back. Cole scoffs in disbelief at what had just happened. A heavy sigh breaks out until he sees one of the girls from the science class. Her long ponytail swung from side to side.

Though he stopped in his tracks and for some reason didn't bother to introduce himself or ask for her name. He just stood in place, he admired her from behind.

-

Izzy pulls up to Bailey's driveway and honks the horn. She waits a couple, but that doesn't last long. Her impatient-ness drove her to text the girls to hurry and get into the car.

The small girl raises her head as she hears the door open. "What the hell took so long?" Bailey and Spencer look at each other then give Izzy a skeptical look.

"Really? You couldn't wait five minutes?" Bailey spoke in a sassy tone.

"What can I say, I'm an impatient person."They arrive at Carson's mansion. The driveway was larger than an apartment building. Beautiful stone rocks, bushes, and unnecessary flowers everywhere on Carson's front lawn.