Chapter 18 - Was It Really A Disappearance?

There was a glum smile on Cole's face. He stood sitting in his computer desk chair as if he was a statue. His eyes were stone and cold. It seemed as if he didn't move for hours.

"I researched on my own time about your mom. It wasn't pretty." Izzy bit her lip furrowed her brows.

Cole clutched his stomach roughly. "Just tell me. Tell me everything." He stared into the file Izzy was holding right beside her torso, she held onto it tightly.

"Here." She handed the file to him.

He opened it and he gave a puzzled look. This was only a newspaper and a photo of his mother.

"What does this even mean?" He furrowed his brows intensely

"What does this even mean?" He furrowed his brows intensely. Izzy could see the veins in his neck pop out. His eyes looked lost and full of sorrow.

"The newspaper was boring wasn't it?" She suppressed her smirk and paced around his room eyeing only the floor. Her fingers twiddling and bouncing around.

"It gave me no information whatsoever. Besides the fact that the authorities have absolutely no shits on her case." His eyes were now clouded with anger and Izzy tried even harder to stop grinning.

It was a hidden mischievous aura around Izzy. Her facial features looked collected yet her body language showed classic signs of her being nervous. The fidgeting confused him at best.

"Your mother had just graduated at the time. She had perfect grades, perfect family, perfect friends—Doesn't that seem odd to you?" Her words bounced off the walls and began ringing in his head. His mind replayed those words as long as he could.

"It didn't say perfect in the newspaper." He tried to counter her suspicions.

"Maybe your mother was too smart for her own good? Maybe she lead a double life. Maybe she lived a facade just like you."

"Do you have evidence to back that up?" He questioned.

"Just think about it. Your mother was raised perfectly and had this perfect life in the little media she had. Nothing is perfect in someone's life." They both nodded knowing she wasn't in the wrong.