Chapter 20 - Cakey On The Facey

"Did you hear about Charles getting caught?"

"Getting caught with what?"

"Drugs."

"Woah what? No way, he's a good guy why would he get caught with that."

The whole student body found out about Charles getting caught using substances. Everyone was shocked, he was a great advocate to stop using drugs but he was a hypocrite. The rumor spread like wildfire among the halls and classrooms. Even the teachers were concerned about other high-standard students going down the same path as Charles.

A grade student was now under suspicion. If Charles, valedictorian, used drugs he could have had the power to convince others.

"We busted him!" Cole comes behind Izzy putting his hands on her shoulders. He bumped his chest against her back accidentally. He then went in front of her still placing his hands on her shoulders

"We did it!" She gave a small smile back, bopping her arm up.

"Small victories are nice, right?" He chuckled gazing into her eyes as if she was the only one in the room.

"You were right." She looked off to the side trying to hide her bruised ego.

"We should celebrate!"

"At Ranky's?"

"Let's go!"

-

They both walked in together and sat at a booth. A female waitress came around to order eyeing only Cole. Her eyes were filled with lust and gave a very compelling stare. It sure was captivating, any man would have fallen for that charm. Yet, Cole didn't seem to care. His eyes only focused on the girl who was sitting across from him.

Izzy took notice of the shifting eye contact between the two but dismissed the thought. "I'll order one Buttery Pretzel and a Fountain Cake." She looked up at the waitress waiting for her to write down her order onto her notepad but nothing was being done. "Ahem." She discreetly coughed.

She looked at Cole for him to ask for her. He nodded with a devilish smirk. "Can we get two Buttery Pretzels and one Fountain Cake?" The waitress nodded, her lips curled into a gleaming smile. She quickly wrote down his order and tried once again to seduce him.

This feeling of dislike swarmed Izzy. She didn't want the waitress to be anywhere near him, especially trying to flirt with him.

"Oh, sorry I forgot our drinks." He smiled gently at the waitress, "I'd like a chocolate milkshake and a vanilla milkshake for my girlfriend." His smooth lips moved into a smirk and watched from the corner of his eyes to see Izzy's reaction.

The waitress was stunned. "Oh.. right. Okay." She instantly became awkward and started to speed walk away. Anyone could notice the embarrassment in her walk.

"Why did you call me your girlfriend?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. Her heart started to beat faster and hearing the words girlfriend made her flutter. She giggled a bit as she kept overthinking. She tried hard to conceal her giddiness.

"Why not?" His smirk grew even more. "Didn't you want me to dismiss her? Since she was clearly flirting with me." He started to chuckle and swiftly pull his hair back.

"Alright, I'm not going to fight about that. You're a weirdo." She gave in and didn't bother to waste her energy. All she wanted was to be happy for a victory.

"You're the weirdo." He eyed her, watching every little feature of her face move. Her eyebrows furrowed at his insult.

"How so?" She calmly said. She shrugged and became captivated by his pearly blue eyes. His eyes made her feel warm. A feeling she wasn't so used to.