LEO

THE CREW decided to celebrate, Annabeth's and Percy's return from Tartarus, along with Reyna and Nico departing to return Athena Parthenos, to Camp Half-Blood, by laying down to rest on a hilltop

Leo turned around, startling everyone,

"I can't fit my hand inside a Pringle Can! Like, it goes in four inches, but then not any further, and then I have to tilt the can, but then, all the crumbs fall on my face."

As Leo finished rambling, everyone stared at him.

Finally, Hazel hesitated,

"You okay, Leo?"

No, Leo was not okay.

"Now, my issue is, why can't they just make the cans bigger?!" Leo insisted,his eyes, dead serious, but a smile tucking at his lips.

As everyone, laughed, reassured that he was joking, Leo stretched himself, "Okay, guys. I need to go and check on the ship. Will be back in a while."

*

**

As Leo, squatted in front of the Masthead, he sighed, "Festus, I always feel like the one left out. And, well it's a bit hard, sometimes. Hard, to pretend that everything is fine. That's what this facade is for. This mask. But, you know that, don't you?"

CREEEAK CREAK CREEEAK CREEEAK

CREAK

CREAK CREAK CREAK

Leo sighed, and shifted his weight on the railing, so that Festus and Leo, were face to face.

"I have always been a loner, since... Well, since my mother... You know...

When I was kicked around from home-to-home, I was always made fun of.

So, I decided well, let me try to make them laugh, so they never see beyond the smile and the jokes, into my eyes.

Instead if they wanted to see and laugh at a skinny kid, well, I will give them what I cannot give myself..."

Leo's voice cracked a bit, as he said, "And, when I finally meet the one girl, who I love, and who loves me, Styx No! I have to leave immediately."

Leo slipped down the rails, turning his face away, slightly. He quickly, pulled his face to his sleeve, and in a false bravado, "Well, let that is all in the past, aye bud? Now we should all just pretend that we are pirates, and just roam all around the world."

"We can call ourselves 'Captain Freakingly Awesome and Handsome Valdez, and crew', no? Yeah, I thought so too bud." Leo smirked.

"On the Roaring Seas, The Valdez crew roams- Hey! That's a good name!

So, on the Roaring Seas The Valdez Crew roams. The crew is kinda okay, and cool, I guess, but they are headed by Captain Leo "FlameBeard" Valdez. The Most Handsome! The Talles- oh shut up! The Lady Swooner! Okay, I heard that laughter you know..."

"Under the guidance of Cap'n FlameBeard, they fight their enemies (or flee from them... Still alive though!), and they roam the seas far and wide."

"They roam the seas, made by the Captain himself, and no other vessel, matches her beauty, and no other vessel is speedier than her. She is also unmatched in the skies! The whole world loves The Crew, and especially, The Captain! 'He is sooo Handsome! And, sooo Hot, no really, he is covered in flames...' "

"The crew finds all the treasure that was hidden, and the rest... Well, never mind...

They fought Giant Turtles, Giant Shrimps, and, well, Giants. To make the world, you know, a better place.

And, The Captain, was loved all over by Ladies, from an Ice Princess, who he left, as she was too frosty, and, she definitely did NOT reject him, so shut up, to Caly-"

Leo stopped midword, lost in thought, his mouth still open. Festus leaned his head towards him, and the dam, finally broke.

"Why? Why us, why buddy? Why do I keep failing despite giving my best? WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG?" Leo screamed, his hands covered in flames.

As Leo calmed himself, he muttered, "You know Festus? Life is like a god damned Burrito. The more things you try to do, the more ways you try to help, the more stuffing you fill into your Burrito; the more things spill over, the more they are difficult to contain, until they fall completely out of the Burrito. And, then what is the point of having a Burrito?"

"Life is also like an Eternally-Damned Pringle Can. When you open it, you are excited. But, then after a point, you cannot get the Chips. Just like happiness, always just out of your reach. And, if you dare tilt the can? Then you are covered in the remaining pieces. It's enough to drive someone insane."

Leo's eyes welled, "And, I don't think that I can handle this right now. Buddy, Goodnight. I hope you are happy."

*
**