chapter 4 - "choices"

Before I got to reply to Eren, I see the text from Levi shining through my phone screen.

•  •  •

Levi: "Throughout the years texting you, there's something I've been keeping to myself. And what I've kept to myself is the fact that... I'm in love with you. Brat."

•  •  •

I looked away from the screen, with so many emotions running through me. My crush, my own crush feels the same way! But, then again my best friend feels the same way! My head was spinning and was in such a panic.

I tried regaining my cool, and took a deep breath and looked at Eren.

"About that.... Um Eren-" He interrupted me, "I know you're already into that one guy, y-you know that you met online."

I felt kinda relieved that he already knew how I felt.

"But the thing is... you're probably not going to ever see him. It's just... Well... You guys can talk and all but to talk to you here right now? Maybe it'll never happen. I'm sure you probably already have that thought into your head, so I wanted to take the chance and wanted to see if you'd rather be with me. Someone who actually can be face-to-face with you."

He looked straight into my eyes. I couldn't answer Eren at all, I was in complete shock from what he said.

Sure, I already knew that possibility but it hurt. It hurt so damn bad. I kept my composure even though I could feel the pain in my chest.

"The thing is Eren, I see you as one as my closest friend. Even more like a brother to me you know? It doesn't matter if I don't get to be with him face-to-face as long as what I feel holds true. I don't care if I have to be behind a screen and talk to him, as long as he's there with me. I hope you understand."

It was easy to tell that Eren was hurt but it was best to tell him straight up how I felt.

The ride then finally reached us down to the ground and it was over. Eren and I got off the Ferris wheel, followed by Mikasa and Armin coming down as well.

"Hey, let's go win a fish bowl! I've been practicing ping pong just for it!" Armin with the most cutest smile said aloud like a child.

"Sure-" Once again, I was interrupted by your favorite angered issued teen.

"No. I'm tired lets just go home." Eren said looking down at the ground losing that happy mood he had before.

I couldn't help but feel it was my fault, this whole hanging out was now becoming awkward and just a total bummer all because of this whole love thing.

What is this? A levi X reader not needed love triangle fanfic that just popped out of nowhere?

"Eren, are you okay?" Mikasa of course would come to his aid right away. She had the most worried look on her face and was so soft talking to him. It was pretty cute in a way.

Sadly, Eren let his emotions take over and just ignore Mikasa and left out the carnival.

"What did you do, (Y/N)?!" She turned and sent me death glares.

"You're blaming it on me? Neither of us are at fault here!" I replied quickly right back at her.

"I already knew he was going to ask you out... that was his plan and how he felt for quite a while." She looked down, knowingly that she was hurt.

"I'm sorry, but either way if I said yes you'd still be mad at me... As I know you care for Eren quite a lot since he's been there for you more than Armin and I ever had." I tried easing the tension around us and sharing how I felt.

"If you were so close with Eren, you wouldn't have made him feel heartbroken." She snapped, not really taking in consideration for my feelings but just Eren's.

"It's best if you don't talk to us anymore." She grabbed Armin's arm taking him back home and leaving me all alone.

"But the fishbowls!" Armin was now getting dragged. As he already knew there's no point in fighting back all he said was a goodnight to me. At least it was good to know he wasn't taking sides.

Although, poor boy he never got his fish bowls...

I see both their figures slowly fade away and don't see them in my sight no longer. I sighed, "Great... How wonderful."

I began walking my way back home, alone. Forgetting about Levi's text.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
author's note :
i always apologize for being so late to update but i always and always appreciate those whose still come by and read and enjoy them! until then see you in the next chapter, neko-cadets!
~нeιcнoυ✨
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───