SPECIAL CHAPTER

"Tell me a story," He whispers as his fingers traced the outline of the other's shirt. Calmness surrounding the air around them. The latter hums, soft breathing ringing through his ears, "What kind of story?"

He laughs gently and tightly fists the blanket ontop of the both of them, bringing his warmth closer to his. "My favorite one."

Lips curling into a smile, he sighs, "You always make me tell you that." The younger nods, sleepiness slipping out of him. "I...I just miss them, I guess." Soft breathing now replaced the comfortable silence they were in, stars twinkling above the boys.

He shifts, elbows now slightly propping his body, head on his chest also adjusting. The gentle grip over his waist tightening ever so slightly, he plays with the other's hazelnut locks as he stares deeply into his eyes, "Let me tell you something. No matter what happens, it isn't a goodbye. For you will see them again. It isn't a goodbye. It never will be. They live in a more peaceful and serene place than they ever did."

He plants his lips on the younger's forehead before continuing, "He will be happy. Life is temporary. Live your life the happiest you can ever be. Because one moment, you can be the person living in the world and the next, you might not be living in the world any longer." Chin on top of the latter's head, he mumbles a soft, "I love you." before sleepiness slowly kicks in his body.

"You'll meet them soon, not now. Maybe tomorrow, the day after that, or for a long time," he mutters, breath shallowing, "God has his ways. Someday, you'll grow your own wings and you'll have the chance to meet them. Now, enjoy yourself. Enjoy while you still can."

A bright star caught his attention, gaze from his brother to the black blanket hugging the sky. It hurt to know how the star brightly shined when a person he once knew used to smile the way the smiled at him now.

He lets out a heavy sigh, "But...what if I grow my wings tomorrow?" the male snuggles closer to his chest, heat radiating off of his borrower body. The older hums, vibration making him softly smile, "Well, I'll see you again so it's not really a goodbye."

"What will you say? What will I hear for the last time before my last breath?" He looks up to observe his face. "What do I have to remember?" The latter locks eyes with the muddy ones staring back at him. He swore he could see admiration in them, a glint of fear hiding behind them. "This is not a goodbye, it's more of a thank you. Thank you for staying by side and for giving me memories I will cherish forever." A smile graces his sleepy features, moonlight casting over his face. "Maybe we'll be born as another person with another role in the future. That's why I won't say goodbye."

"I'll see you soon, wait for me, okay?" He nods, eyes becoming heavier each second. The night becomes longer, to him atleast. Warmth slowly disappearing beside him and he tries to bring it back by hugging the body beside him tighter.

Comfort has finally enveloped the both of them, cold breeze passing through the both of them. Maybe it was the sound of  the waves slapping the sand that gave way to comfort or maybe it was the pitter-patter of the raindrops hitting the wood above them. Neither knows and just lets the warmth of each other give access to comfort.

"I think they're waiting for us there, Guk." His voice was wavering, frankly because a tear leaves his eye. It wasn't because he was sad or happy. It just left unnoticed.

"They are," his voice was croaky, weakness burning through his already limp body.

Silence eventually joins the comfort and envelops the both of them. The stars shone brighter than before to both boys it seems. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Seven stars were smiling at them.

"I'm tired, Taehyung." He breathes shallowly, "I'm already tired."

"I am too. I want to sleep, don't you too?" The younger nods, breath evenly becoming slower. "I do- I really do."

"Then we'll rest." Jeongguk laughs, looking up the stars once again. "We will." His eyes crinkled, wrinkles disappering as the older smiles.

Jeongguk snuggles his head on the crook of his brother's neck, wide smile slowly fading, breath supply becoming low. "I love you, Tae. Goodnight."

The latter lets out a small smile, sighing in response. "Wait for me, okay?" He nods, breathily laughing for the last time. "Okay." He smiles, "I will." Jeongguk closes his eyes, breath slowing down ever so slightly.

"I love you, Guk. Thank you and I'm sorry. For everything." He runs a hand through his brother's hazelnut locks once again as he hums. "I'll see you soon."

Taehyung closes his eyes.

The morning comes in slower than usual. There was something beautiful and odd about this one. Something wonderful has happened, he guesses. It might be the way the cool breeze passes through the curtains or the way the waves crash violently against the shore. All had happened after a thunderstorm last night, but none seems to be affected.

And so he does his normal routine, checking on each room and serving their usual package of cleaning and service because both boys were of old age. His feet come to a halt, surprise and panic taking over his features. Taehyung wasn't in his bed, his room even. He checks the bathroom, he wasn't there either.

"Nicole! Where's Taehyung?" The said woman walks in and sips her coffee from her mug. She hums, licking the coffee taste from her lips, "He told me he would be staying in his brother's room last night, why?"

"He rarely spends a night there. He justs waits for Jeongguk to fall asleep before going back, doesn't he?" He fumbles over his own feet before staggering to the latter's room.

It was a wonderful and a heart-breaking sight to look at. Both boys were tangled together, the older's hands on his brother's hair, head snuggled in his neck. The bond was unbreakable with the two. Anyone would think they would really be blood-related brothers. But really, they aren't. They just had this connection from the moment they met. Love is what it is. Whether it was romantic or platonic or brotherly, no one truly knew. Even them.

"Oh no. No, no, no." He reaches out for their neck, searching for pulses. There was none. Maybe, just maybe, they both grew their wings overnight. Maybe they already saw each other up above or maybe they had a mission to do so they were born again. Or maybe, it was fate. "Nicole—They...Press the button, hurry!" She scurries out the room, hand not forgetting to press the red button ontop of the bed.

Worry glazed his eyes, sadness cowering in fear behind it. He knew there was something odd about this morning. Something beautiful did happen.

"They didn't pass away because of sickness or any of those. They passed peacefully. No suffering. Both were in each other's comfort, and peace, there was. Their body was already fatigue. Old age, is what it is. They will be living in a better place, now."

Something beautiful did happen. They flew to a place where no airplanes and helicopter could even fly to. Maybe they'll be born as another person, maybe they won't. Who knows? Maybe they loved each other in a brotherly way today, maybe they will love each other romantically tomorrow.

With all of that said, there are no goodbyes. It's only a, "See you again."

so...sequel??