The Past

Four years ago

"Amelia, do you mind coming over to watch the house while we are away?" Melissa asked through the phone. "Isnt Chase there?" I replied. "Yes and Adam, I just don't trust them at the moment. I need someone I can trust." She sighed. "How long are you going away for?" I queried. "Two weeks."

I thought about it for a moment. Watching over the house for Melissa, it could be okay, except for Chase being there. You see Chase and I were really good friends. I even introduced him to Declan, my partner well as partner now. They became even better friends which was fine with me, until Declan and I broke up and Chase just stopped talking to me. It was like I dropped off the face of the earth.

"Sure, yeah okay. I'll come over and watch the house for you." I told her. "Oh thank you so much Amelia. I don't know what I would do without you. Can you come over tomorrow morning? We are leaving early hours tomorrow." Melissa asked. "Yeah of course." I smiled.

All that night all I could think about was seeing Chase again. Would he be an asshole to me for the next two weeks? I really hope not. I really just want my friend back. I miss how we could be ourselves around eachother. I don't have many people I can be one hundred percent myself. Chase knows everything about me, from my darkest secrets to my biggest fears in life.

The next morning, I start packing my clothes for the next two week. My phone starts to vibrate. 'Chase' pops up on the screen. "Hello?" I answered. "Hey, uhm. I'm going to come out and pick you up. Is that cool?" He asked. "Yeah, that's all good. When did you want to come out?" I asked. "I can be out there in twenty minutes." He replied. "Sweet, I'll see you soon then?" I asked, even though I didn't really mean it as a question.

After we hung up, I started to get a little nervous. Why does he want to pick me up? We haven't spoken in like 2 months. He's plainly ignored all my efforts of contact. Maybe hes had a change of heart? Does he want to be my friend again?

After almost ten minutes of contemplating why Chase wanted to pick me up, I brought myself out of my thoughts to finish getting my stuff ready. Checking everything as I go to make sure I have got everything I needed. Clothes? Check. Toothbrush and paste? Check. Wallet? Check. I think I'm good now. Just in time as Chase pulled into the driveway.

I grab my things and head outside to put them in the car. "Hey." He said and nods his head. "Hey." I smile smally. Chase pulls out of the drive way and drives in silence. Even driving in silence it felt nice to just hang out with him. "So, since Mother is away, I just wanted to see what you thought about Anna coming over. I just don't want Mother to find out though." He explained. Anna is the girl Chase has been in love with for years. They are 'special' friends if you know what I mean. Melissa doesnt like Anna because there has been some much wrong doing on her behalf. For example, Anna has a boyfriend yet she insists on toying with Chase and playing on the love he has for her. He thinks she is going to leave her boyfriend for him. I have my own opinion on her, yet i was always pulling for them for Chases sake.

"Yeah, that's cool. I won't tell your mother." I sighed knowing hes getting in deep with her again. I wanted to say something, I just don't want to push him away. I guess that's why I've always pulled for them.

The rest of the drive was pretty normal, it felt like we were starting to get our friendship back to what it was. I know he was probably just trying to be nice though.

●●●

Later that evening Chase, Adam and I were watching some crap on tv. I honestly felt like I was losing braincells. I'm guessing Chase did as well. "I'm going to watch a movie in bed." He said as he got up and walked away, leaving Adam and I. I don't know what it is but Adam has always given me the creeps. He makes me feel so uncomfortable so you could say it was a relief when I got a text 'You want to come watch deadpool?'