Swept

"Pick me, choose me, love me." I cried to him. He was the one I wanted, the only one I wanted. After everything that happened with us, after all the spontaneous trips, all the laughs & the memories we had. I needed him to choose me & not her. "I cant, I'm sorry." His head slouched down as he walked away.

I gave up everything for him, I lost everything. I lost myself within him. Who was I now?

"Amelia." Chase nudged me. I woke with a fright. My breathing was heavy and ridged. "You okay? You don't look so good." I looked at Chase. "You woke me up, what do you want?" I asked grouchily. "There's someone at the door for you." I grab my phone and look at the time. Seven in the morning. Who the fuck wants me at seven in the morning.

I reluctantly rolled out of bed and grabbed my cardigan wrapping myself in it. It's way to early for this shit. On my way to the front door, I flicked the kettle on. "Coffee." I groaned like a zombie. "I'll make you one." Chase offered. "Thanks." I said as I opened the front door.

"Can i help you?" I asked the stranger standing in front of me. "Amelia?" He asked. "Depends who wants to know." I looked at him quizically. "I have a delivery for you." I didn't order anything online. Why do I have a delivery? "Follow me, ma'am." Since when was I old enough to be called ma'am? I followed the man to the drive way. He opened the back of his van and handed me a slim rectangle box along with a bouquet of red roses.

"Wow." I was amazed. "Someone must love you quite a bit." The delivery man smiled. "Yes, I suppose they do." I wonder who they are from. I walk back inside and place the box on the kitchen bench. "I didn't know you were seeing someone." Chase handed me my coffee. "I'm not." I replied. "Those twenty-four roses says otherwise." He nudged me playfully. "I don't even know who they are from."

"Open the box, I want to see what's in it." Chase stood close to me, I could almost feel his touch. "Coffee first." I took a sip of my coffee, letting it hit my tired and grumpy soul. "Hurry up!" He nagged. "Fine!" I groaned.

I removed the lid of the box, pulling out a card.

I seen this and thought of how beautiful you would look in it.
Wear it tonight, Ill pick you up at 7.
Eli.

I put the card aside and moved the paper covering what was inside. I pulled out a slim line silver sparkled strapless dress. Wow. I was amazed, the dress was to die for. I held it up to my body, I'm going to be very suprised if he got the right size. "Hot date tonight?" Chase looked at me with a hint of sadness.

"Apparently so." I shrugged, damn Eli had some good taste. I can not get over how beautiful the dress was. As much as I really hate dresses, this one really topped the cake. Was Eli trying to impress me with his money? Well, I know for a fact he sure has a lot of it, yet I'm not into money. Sure, dont get me wrong, money is good. I just don't date someone or even consider a relationship with someone for their money. I have my own, I don't need theirs.

"So who is he?" I turned to Chase who was munching on a piece of toast. "I wouldn't call him a friend. He's more of a man who thinks he wants me. He just doesn't know me well enough to know otherwise." I explained. "So do you like him?" I purposely chose to ignore Chases question.

For the rest of the day right up until the moment Eli knocked on the door, I had Chase bugging me about him. Bombarding me with questions like, Who is he? What's he do for a living? Do you like him? Have you slept with him? Is he better than me?

That last question stopped me in my tracks. I turned and walked back over to Chase and looked at him with a sweet smile. "No one is better than you." I put my hand on his chest. "But you didn't want to give us a try, So I have to move on." I sighed, placing my head on his chest next to my hand.

Eli knocked on the door again. "I have to go." I said to Chase. "Can i meet him?" I thought for a moment. What harm could it do? "Be nice, please."

I walked over to the door with Chase closely following behind, opening it I looked Eli up and down, my god he scrubs up well. "Hi." I smiled at Eli. "Hi beautiful." He held his hand out, willingly I took it. "Now let me see you in that dress." Eli smiled spinning me around slowly. "Absolutely amazing." Eli grinned from ear to ear.

Chase coughed, alerting Eli to his presence. "Sorry how rude of me, I just can't get over how beautiful Amelia looks. I'm Eli Smith." Eli held out his hand to Chase. I looked at Chase with pleading eyes. "Chase." He took his hand and gave it a firm shake. "Doesn't your sister look beautiful?" Eli smiled at Chase. "She looks absolutely stunning, but shes not my sister." Chase looked me up and down with burning desire within his eyes. "Oh shit, sorry. I just thought, you know. You came outside to meet the guy whose taking your sister out." Eli explained. "Yeah no. Amelia, shes more like a best friend."

"Are you gay?" Eli leant towards Chase and asked. I stiffled the laugh that wanted to burst out. "No, I'm not gay." Chase shook his head and smiled. "Than why haven't you swept this one off her feet yet?" Eli looked clueless. "Amelia and I have been friends for that long, we really dont see each other that way." He lied. "I still would have swept this one off her feet, she's a wonderful women." Eli looked at me with a smile.

"Anyway, it was nice to meet you, Chase. We should be going." Eli shook chases hand again then grabbed mine. "Before you guys leave, just a little warning. If you hurt her in anyway, to anything thats less than a gentleman, I will hurt you." Chase said seriously. Eli laughed at chases threat. "Dont worry, ill take good care of Amelia."

I shook my head, motherfucker. I told him to be nice! That was going so well until then. "Goodbye." I sternly said to Chase. Eli walked me over to the passenger side door and opened it like a gentleman. "Thank you." I smiled, who knows. I could enjoy being treated like I'm actually wanted. I slid in the car and buckled my seat belt as Eli got in the driver seat.

I apologised to Eli for what Chase had said to him. "Dont worry about it. I understand why he said it. He's protective of you. That's a good thing." Eli grabbed my hand as we drove down the highway. "He's not protective over me. He was having a pissing contest. He wanted to let you know that he thinks his is bigger. He can really be a child sometimes." I sighed. "Amelia, its okay." Eli laughed.

"So where are we going?" I looked around out the window and saw nothing I recognised. "We are going to a charity ball." A what? "I'm sorry, what?" I looked at him. "A charity ball." He repeated. "I support a wide range of charities. This charity, I'm the head of the committee, so I have to be there tonight. Thats when I thought if I have to go, ill bring the most beautiful girl along with me." Damn hes good, always knowing the right thing to say.

"What charity is it for?" I asked. "It's a charity to help young children with abusive families." He smiled proudly. "Just when I thought you could not get any better, you suprise me." I look at Eli now and I don't see the rich man trying to pick me up while at work. I see a beautifully handsome man thats helping the world be a better place in his own way and maybe a glimpse into his childhood? Who knows. I just don't understand how he could want me though? I'm nothing, I'm not the girl he should be with.

Yet, this beautifully handsome man wants me.

●●●

Well that's another chapter down!

Comment, vote do whatever!

Casting: Who should I cast for the male roles? Comment your thoughts!