Present

Four Years Later

I walk out of work and get in Chases car. "How was work?" He smiled. "You really want to know?" I groan. "Yep." He said pulling out of the car park. "Well let's just say I would rather be fucked with a cactus then do this day over again." I laugh. "That bad, huh?"

"That other Secretary doesnt know her asshole from her breakfast. She is absolutely useless." I said shaking my head. "I had to do her work for her along with my work. That's how useless she is." I continued. "You could always talk to your boss." Chase suggested. "I could, I am already doing two times the work anyway, So if she got fired it would affect me in anyway." I weight up the outcomes and decided to talk to Mark on Monday about it.

Chase pulls into the driveway and I honestly could not wait for a shower to wash this day off. I've had the crappiest day and need shower, food and sleep. I get out of the car and grab my things. "Are they watching porn?" I asked Chase. "Fucking sounds like it." He answered.

"What are you guys watching?" He asked as we both stepped through the door. "Declan got sent this recording today." Taylor, Chases Fiance said. I looked at the tv screen and froze. I couldn't look away, I was mortified. Chase realises what is playing on the screen and rushes to turn it off. He pulls the DVD out of the Xbox and snaps it in half.

Declan is still, not moving just staring at a black screen. "Who sent this to you?" Chase asked Declan. Declan looked at him blankly, no expression it was like he had just died inside. "Declan, who the fuck sent this to you?" Chase asked again. "Your fucking mother." Declan finally answered. "My mother?" Chase asked. "Yes. Before your mother went on that trip a few years ago she had security cameras set up throughout the house because she didn't trust Adam."

"She was trying to catch him stealing her things, instead she caught something else." Declan continued. "Chase, what the fuck was that?" Taylor asked. Chase looked at me, still standing in the same spot I was in. I hadn't moved or said anything. It's like I was frozen in time.

Chase takes a deep breath in. "That was Amelia and I. It was years ago, we were both single. It was never meant to happen." Chase looked at me with sorrow in his eyes. He knew what was coming.

Declan stands up and turns around to face me. "You lied to me! You and Chase really did fuck! We should never have gotten back together." Declan glared at me. "Declan, we had broken up! I was single, I did absolutely nothing wrong." I declared to him. "Oh you did nothing wrong? You slept with my fucking best friend! How can you tell me you did nothing wrong!" He yelled at me while walking away. "So your going to stand there and say that I'm the big bad wicked witch of the West because i slept with Chase? Well guess what sweetheart, he was my friend before he ever knew you. You're lucky I even came back to you. After all the shit you put me through over the years. I should have left you when you started getting on dating sites!" I screamed at him while following him into the bedroom.

"You slept with my best fucking friend! Of all things you had to do, you just had to sleep with chase!" Declan shook his head in disgust. "Your forgetting one thing declan. When we broke up, who did you sleep with? You slept with Tahlia, she was my friend remember? You slept with her."

"The difference is Amelia is, you and Chase there has always been something there between you two! When you guys slept together i can almost guarantee that meant something to both of you! Me sleeping with Tahlia, that was just sex." Declan explained. "Chase and I, it didn't meant anything. We are friends nothing more and nothing less! There has never been anything but a friendship between us."

"You know what Amelia, I can't do this anymore. Your always working we never spend any time together and now this, I can't move on from this. We are done, so completely and utterly done." Declan sighed. "Your calling it quits?" I asked. "I'm sorry." He replied. "Fine if thats the way you want it, but remember when we got back together. I said this time was the last if it doesn't work out there is no more trying. So you definietly want this to be it?" I asked in all seriousness. Declan looked at me with a single tear strolling down his face. "Yes."

I nod my head in acceptance and walk out of the bedroom and outside. I pace back and forth. What the fuck, how the fuck, why the fuck? I have so many questions running through my head. I cant do this, this stress is killing me. I need something to take the edge off. I pick up my packet of smokes, "fuck it." I said to myself as I light one up and sucked the nicotine.

It was like heaven rolled into a cigarette. The taste of the nicotine flowing through my lungs. I felt at ease, that was definitely what I needed. I sat down and took a draw of the smoke. I could hear Taylor and Chase arguing, I can only imagine how that is going. I don't understand how Melissa could do this to her own son! I understand why she would do it to me, after all I did sleep with her son, in her own bed. Oops.

"Taylor, please dont do this!" Chase exclaimed. Oh god, Taylor please stay for him. I thought to myself. "Chase, I can't do this anymore. You lied to me, you told me it didn't happen! You asked me to marry you and I said yes and yet you lied to me! We can never have a relationship rather than a marriage built on lies." Taylor cried. "Tay, it was one lie. Please don't do this to me, dont do this to us. We can fix it. I promise." Chase pleaded. "It's not just one lie! You've lied to me throughout our relationship! I just haven't said anything because to me it didn't matter. This, this matters! You and Amelia have a fucking sex tape for god sakes! Chase, its over." Taylor cried.

Taylor storms out the front door and looks at me. "You wanted him then, hes all yours now." She seethed before rushing to her car and driving off. I finish my cigarette and put it out before walking inside and sitting on the couch.

"How fucking could you, mother!" Chases yells through the phone. I can only imagine what Melissa is saying right now. "That does not give you the fucking right to ruin mine and Amelia's relationship! That's what you did, Taylor left me. Declan and Amelia broke up!" He gritted his teeth in anger. It was like smoke was pouring out of his ears.

I can understand, I'm angry as hell too. I'm just to tired to fight about it. "Of course he was going to fucking show her! I slept with Amelia for fuck sake! I hurt him, the only thing he would have wanted was to hurt me and thats what he did, all because of you!" Chase rubbed his forehead. "You know what, dont ever contact me again. You ruined the one good thing in my fucking life. The way i see it is, you are no longer my mother. Your just my birth giver. Don't fucking contact me anymore. Delete my number." Chase said before hanging up the phone.

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes. "I'm sorry." He sighed. "Why are you sorry?" I asked. "That birth giver of mine was the one who sent the video to declan. She ruined both of our relationships." He explained. "I know this, but you have no reason to be sorry. It's not like you sent the video. We had no idea it even existed." I told him. "I'm just so sorry."

"Stop apologising. You don't need to. Whatever happens next, we will get through it together, yeah?" I breathed. "Yeah, we will get through it together." He sadly smiled.

●●●

Thank you all for reading! Give a vote or something to let me know your enjoying it so far!

Warning about the next chapter, it time jumps 6 months into the future!